Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING - i7 9700K - RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your post #172 you mentioned "Within MultiBeast I definitely selected the "Clover UEFI Boot Mode", and not the option with emulated NVRAM," which sounds like you may NOT have NVRAM configured on your SSD.

My understanding was that the SSDT "Z390 Series NVRAM Support" provides support for native NVRAM? (which is an option within MultiBeast).

If I've misunderstood, how do you achieve native NVRAM on Z390 series boards?

I'll test the sleep from the USB and report back.

Any difference between the two Clover boot loaders?

Confirmed to both be identical:
Clover revision: 5107 (HEAD, commit a3f3053c3)
Build: 2020-03-24 16:23:04

Running on:
EFI REvision 2.70
Platform: x86_64 (64 bit)
Firmware: American Megatrends rev 5.0013

Sleep seemed worse on the USB boot, ultimately with a system reset and then BIOS in safe mode.

Sleep seemed worse on the USB boot, ultimately with a system reset and then BIOS in safe mode.

So if your system is performing better when you boot Clover from the SSD, it could be that you are better off without the emulated NVRAM option, according to your post #172. Maybe your Z390M Pro motherboard has (native) NVRAM. Run a few more tests with sleep, restart and shutdown/bootup and see how it goes.

BTW, either a mobo has native NVRAM, or you have to emulate NVRAM as explained here

So late in replying but if it still helps someone...

I just got back to this system and yes I did figure out the NVRAM.

I was originally using Emulated NVRAM with EmuVariableUefi.efi UEFI driver. Now I just enabled native NVRAM by:
* Removing EmuVariableUefi.efi from drivers/UEFI
* compiling SSDT-PMC.dsl into SSDT-PMC.aml and copying it to ACPI/patched

NVRAM seems to be working now.

Did you ever figure out NVRAM on your system?

Can you describe this process? I'd like to give this a go, but I've no idea where to start.

Thanks.
open the file in MacIASL and save as .aml, then copy to acpi/patched folder

for help me I can't do the patch

friend can you help me I have an ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING board with an RX 570 video card I am going to install everything load well with the installation when it is going to restart to start it stays on the block loading and does not complete the process please can you help

Hey @dlgoodchild

1. This mobo has a wifi and a non-wifi version, any preference of one over the other?
A. Built-in WiFi doesn't work on Mac so might as well go for non-WiFi version if you can save $$s

Just thought I'd mention as been scanning the threads to follow a similar build. The built-in wifi card can be removed and directly replaced with one of these: https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-bcm94360ng-pcie-half-mini-card-m-2/p/0XM-00JK-00083 and save a precious PCI slot. Haven't tried it myself but seems to be the best solution on this board, using the aerial jacks on the back panel

Hey @dlgoodchild

1. This mobo has a wifi and a non-wifi version, any preference of one over the other?

Apparently these cards are plug and play on this board without having to destroy the heatshield or make any mods. I might be too late but if you ever need that PCI slot back, this'll do it

Hi @techtone , I have a similar configuration. I was able to install Mojave a few months back and everything is working perfectly, but I need to update to Catalina because a need to be able to update Xcode to the latest release. I have a "development" SSD where I used the same installer I used on my main SSD. I tried to update to Catalina directly from Systems Updates but when I try to reboot the install (first reboot), it crashes half way.
I updated all my kexts, but didn't add any new Drivers or Kexts different from the ones I have working on Mojave.

Do you (or any one here) have any idea what else could I try to update to Catalina?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back