Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING - i7 9700K - RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I have pretty much everything working as best as I can tell with the exception of the USB 3,3.1,3.1G2 support.

So I used what is supposed to to be the patched USB .kext from the EFI in Post #76 everything else seems to be working right. I have attached my EFI folder info to the post. the only thing that is even being detected is mice keyboard and USB 2 thumb drives. No USB 3 device. supposedly there is way to do this without the SSDT creation thing now. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here would appreciate it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 100
You can find some info in this thread about compiling your own SSDT-UIAC.aml. You'll need to pick which 15 USB ports you want to enable.

Are you on BIOS v2417?

ok so I have pretty much everything working as best as I can tell with the exception of the USB 3,3.1,3.1G2 support.

So I used what is supposed to to be the patched USB .kext from the EFI in Post #76 everything else seems to be working right. I have attached my EFI folder info to the post. the only thing that is even being detected is mice keyboard and USB 2 thumb drives. No USB 3 device. supposedly there is way to do this without the SSDT creation thing now. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here would appreciate it.

yeah I would really like to get the KExt thing working the ssd is a PITA and I hav never really liked having to do it
You can find some info in this thread about compiling your own SSDT-UIAC.aml. You'll need to pick which 15 USB ports you want to enable.

Are you on BIOS v2417?

Current BIOS is 2012

I really would like to get the USB kext thing to work. I really hate the whole SSDT process.

Also I'm having a a weird issue. Where it seems like something is happening with either the Window manager or the Framebuffer or something. I have have all of the sleep and screensaver stuff turned to off. But, if I leave it for a long time, like 4 or more hours ,and come back, the system is running. I can access its shares and stuff on the network, but I can't start a remotePC session. All I get is a black screen.

I soooooo wish I had my stuff backed up more current, when this happened. Thing was super stable before.

I mean I guess it is now too except the only way I get hardware acceleration is with the intel GPU forced on which I didn't have to do before. Before I was getting hardware acceleration with just the AMD RX Vega 64. Not sure why that isn't working now.

And the USB thing is super frustrating. Especially, since I'm using the same setup and someone else with the same board, it should work.

Let us know if the KExt route works for USB.

If you still want to tackle SSDT :) You can use the attached file as it's for the same motherboard. It's fully documented for each port. So you can pick which ones you want to keep. Compile it using MaciASL.

yeah I would really like to get the KExt thing working the ssd is a PITA and I hav never really liked having to do it

Current BIOS is 2012

I really would like to get the USB kext thing to work. I really hate the whole SSDT process.

Also I'm having a a weird issue. Where it seems like something is happening with either the Window manager or the Framebuffer or something. I have have all of the sleep and screensaver stuff turned to off. But, if I leave it for a long time, like 4 or more hours ,and come back, the system is running. I can access its shares and stuff on the network, but I can't start a remotePC session. All I get is a black screen.

I soooooo wish I had my stuff backed up more current, when this happened. Thing was super stable before.

I mean I guess it is now too except the only way I get hardware acceleration is with the intel GPU forced on which I didn't have to do before. Before I was getting hardware acceleration with just the AMD RX Vega 64. Not sure why that isn't working now.

And the USB thing is super frustrating. Especially, since I'm using the same setup and someone else with the same board, it should work.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    6.7 KB · Views: 95
Anyone had issue with OSX randomly freezing after login? I installed Mojave with the same config as you guys (only without RX580) and after I log in, the system freezes and reboots. No KP, no log.

If you still want to tackle SSDT :) You can use the attached file as it's for the same motherboard. It's fully documented for each port. So you can pick which ones you want to keep. Compile it using MaciASL.
So, just hit compile, save as binary and then put in the ACPI patched folder?
Cause USB 3 devices still not working.

I have the USB working now. I, for some reason, didn't have the USB inject all kext file installed. I was under the impression that you were supposed to remove it after setting up the SSDT file. anyway I used yours . Gonna have to make some changes but Overall so far so good.

One thing I noted was that I think you have the type C rotes set to the wrong type. int he documentation says that Type C ports should be either number 9 or 10 depending on wither they have a switch installed? whe you were making did you try change the orientation of the type C device to see if the ID changed? I mean from what I have right now it seams to work just fine either way so I'm curious if this was something that was changed in later version of the driver?

Thanks. I'll test the Type C.

Has anyone tried macOS Catalina on this H/W yet?

I have the USB working now. I, for some reason, didn't have the USB inject all kext file installed. I was under the impression that you were supposed to remove it after setting up the SSDT file. anyway I used yours . Gonna have to make some changes but Overall so far so good.

One thing I noted was that I think you have the type C rotes set to the wrong type. int he documentation says that Type C ports should be either number 9 or 10 depending on wither they have a switch installed? whe you were making did you try change the orientation of the type C device to see if the ID changed? I mean from what I have right now it seams to work just fine either way so I'm curious if this was something that was changed in later version of the driver?

I wanted to pop in and say hello. My son's iMac finally bit the bullet, so I built another, almost identical hackintosh based on the ASUS TUF Z390M-Pro Gaming Wifi motherboard.

A couple of notes. The motherboard, was an Amazon Warehouse deal, and I spent seveal long hours Friday night thinking I had a bad motherboard. I finally found this thread Fix for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI Patch). I had origionally dismissed the ACPI patch being needed as the main post was around a z370 board. The motherboard came with BIOS version 2417, in my troubleshooting I updagraded it to 2603 and still could not boot. However I could not get either Patch A or Patch B to work. I tried adding it in Clover through the GUI, editing my config.plist in BBEdit and trying the terminal script shared in that thread, but no joy.

My main hackintosh, that I built last November uses this same motherboard and it's been rock solid on BIOS 0805, so after many, many, long hours of searching, building bad FreeDos USB drives, finally figuring out that inorder to boot from a FreeDOS USB flash drive, I had to enable Legacy Booting in the BIOS, I was able to downgrade the BIOS to 0805. Thanks to post #109 earlier in this thread for showing me the light.

This time around, I decided not to use an Apple Airport card inserted in the CNVI slot of the motherboard for WiFi and Bluetooth and instead used the cheaper Fenvi card.

I also used a Power Color RX 580 instead of the MSI RX 580 in my original build, mainly due to getting a better deal. So far, I have not seen any differences.

Lastly, since NZXT discontinued the mATX H400 line of cases, I had to find a different case to use. I really like the H400, and my OCD really wanted the cases to match, especially since I plan to build a 3rd system for my other son in a couple of weeks. But the only ones I could find were grossly overpriced. I finally settled on the Phanteks P300 Eclipse. I am pleaseantly surprised, it's a solid case, good airflow and very easy to use. My one gripe is with the motherboard standoffs, they are pre-installed for a full size ATX motherboard, I needed to move a couple of them to match the mATX layout and they were in there tight. Only 1 extra standoff was included with the case, so I had to move a couple of the existing ones which took entirely too much effort.

When I build the third hackintosh for my other son in a few weeks, I will plan to spend some more time with the newer BIOS and trying to get the ACPI Patch working.

As always thanks to all the great folks on this forum for all the direct and indirect support.

I am running into an issue trying to upgrade from my RX 580 to either a Powercolor Vega 64 or MSI Vega 56 Air Boost card. Either Vega just hangs after Clover loads the ACPI stuff. I get good video out of the Vega cards, the boot process just hangs.

Has anyone run into an issue with a good running system and swapping in a Vega card to replace a good working RX 580?

I have detailed what I am seeing and what I have tried in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/upgrade-from-rx-580-to-vega-64-hung.285819/

Disregard, I had a bunch of apci fixes enabled that didn't need to be and they were causing the Vega cards not to initialize. The PowerColor Vega 64 card is working now. This community is amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back