Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING - i7 9700K - RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how solid is this motherboard?
I don't have any experience with any alternatives, so the only thing I can tell - it's ok.
I patched the video connectors, made DSDT for USB ports and replaced wifi-card with the native one.
Since then I have no issues at all.
All updates are smooth.

So how solid is this motherboard?

After some initial shutdown/restart and audio codec problems this mobo has worked out fine. You can read about the solutions to these issues in this and other threads:

The shutdown/restart problems is solved by installing Clover with Emulated VRAM. The audio codec issue was fixed with the latest AppleALC kexts - thanks to @toleda - see post # 21 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-audio-codec-applealc.264396/page-13

Update #1:
The restart problem will show up when you first install mac OS - the install will freeze (instead of restarting) requiring a cold boot to continue the install process - very freaky! - one way to avoid that is to use Clover with Emulated VRAM on the USB stick.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Hi! I was trying to follow this guide. But, when I run the USB, I get "no nvram variable", I am stuck! I need help! Thanks.

Hello people, I'm on the verge of building my first Hackintosh and I have a very similar hardware as M.Arai's build. I've read this thread from start to finish but I'm not sure if I should go through the steps described in post #1 (High Sierra first) or try and install Mojave directly as in post #6. Could you point me in the right direction?

ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
i5-8600K
Radeon RX 570 4GB Pulse

Hi People,
Same here
ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming
i5 - 8400
Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse

Any Directions?

Not sure which guide you are referring to. Post your EFI folder (delete the Theme folder) - then you might get some help.

Hi NZRichard, sorry I wasn't clear enough. I tried all the steps on this guide and the basic configurations for a ASUS Motherboard BIOS, but I am getting stuck with "no nvram variable".

I am attaching a zip file with my EFI folder (without the Themes folder) and also attaching a "screenshot" of the console where it gets stuck hoping it might help you help me.

IMG_0270.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
I did the same thing as you. Ditched Gigabyte for this Asus, and its mostly working.

I did upgrade to 2417 BIOS version, and I recommend holding off on it. The issue a few of us seeing is that we‘re unable to get into BIOS with Clover/UEFI disk attached (USB or NVMe SSD). only way to get to BIOS is to remove all bootable disks.

I now have this motherboard up and running in my G4 Ubermac-i9! Sooooo much better. Mine is on BIOS 2012. is there anyone using the latest? I think it is 2417. i am using clover 5070.

I have gotten this board up and stable but the SSDT USB stuff I have found on here has thus far not worked out properly for me. I have no ports where anything above a USB 2 device is recognized.

My Wifi is super flakey using the same board that is Airport recognized. BT seems to work fine Not sure if this has something to sod with the internal USB port not being configured right.

Video hardware acceleration. I have not been able to to get hardware acceleration going on VidProc both with and without the ogpu being forced on. This worked on the other motherboard. from about 10.14.5 onward for sure. not sure if I may have something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back