Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING - i7 9700K - RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you point me in the right direction?

You should be good to go installing Mojave, and it supports your Radeon RX 570 4GB Pulse graphics card.

Create the UniBeast USB stick using the latest version of Mojave - 10.14.2 or later. The early releases of Mojave were used to upgrade from High Sierra.

Last edited:
I did a Vanilla install, only using Clover. I did not use UniBeast or MultiBeast. I created a Mojave installer from the terminal to a USB 2.0 flash drive, installed Clover on the USB flash drive and added the KEXTs I'm using to Clover. As far as hardware present at install, I had my RX 580, 32GB RAM, and 1 of the 970 EVO M.2 SSD's. The ASUS WiFi module may have been present, I don't recall, but I didn't use the Apple WiFi/Bluetooth card at install, because I didn't have it yet.

I then booted from the USB drive, formatted the SSD and went through the installer. Once the installer was completed, I booted into Clover from the USB drive, then chose the SSD in clover to boot from. Now at the Mac Desktop, I installed Clover on the macOS SSD, installed the kexts to SSD EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ on the macOS SSD. Finally, I removed the USB drive and booted from the SSD.
This is nearly identical to what I did. I had everything installed hardware wise for the entire process. All 64GB of RAM, all 4 slots filled, and the Wifi card installed into the slot.

Hello again! All hardware installed and now I'm trying to boot from the USB. I get stuck on g10ScreenLockstate 3 (see attached image)

I used all BIOS settings, config-file and kexts from KriptonSecret's post #6. I used Unibeast.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_9116.JPG
    IMG_9116.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 160
I get stuck on g10ScreenLockstate 3
It is a graphics problem and it looks like it is your integrated graphics that are the cause of the problem.

Any ideas?
You could disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS settings and use your RX 570.
You could use an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678.

It is a graphics problem and it looks like it is your integrated graphics that are the cause of the problem.
You could disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS settings and use your RX 570.
You could use an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678.

Thanks for the quick reply! I've already disabled the integrated graphics in the BIOS. I've added the ig-platform-id in Clover Config and tried again but no difference. Attached my config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm completely new to the community, and next week I will try my first build which is very similar to the one in this thread.
So, as I'm a newbie :) I'd like some advice.
For a mojave install what's the best strategy ? UniBeast + MultiBeast or clover install ? Which version of Mojave ?
And do you have any advice especially for USB3.0 (3.1?) support and audio?
Will the Vega 56 work out of the box ?
Anyway, I'll try my best! And thanks by advance !

Hi guys,

I'm completely new to the community, and next week I will try my first build which is very similar to the one in this thread.
So, as I'm a newbie :) I'd like some advice.
For a mojave install what's the best strategy ? UniBeast + MultiBeast or clover install ? Which version of Mojave ?
Use UniBeast and MultiBeast as MultiBeast installs Clover for you. As a newbie, use UniBeast and MultiBeast as they are designed for newbies. I still use them because they are easy to use.

The latest Mojave is 10.14.3 which is the latest version and has the major bugs fixed. It's the only one you can download from the Apple Mac App Store.

And do you have any advice especially for USB3.0 (3.1?) support and audio?
Will the Vega 56 work out of the box?...
USB 3 support is provided by macOS. Use MultiBeast to load USBInjectAll.kext. (See the MultiBeast Features document and your motherboard User Manual to determine your MultiBeast choices.)

The Vega 56 kinda works OOB. See @pastrychef's Golden Build description to see on the utility to use to fix the Vega 56 fan problem > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969

[REGARDING SERIAL PORT]

Just letting everyone know that the Asus TUF Z390M-Pro Gaming (Mojave 14.2), and I'm sure other Asus coffelake MB's doesn't need to have its serial port shutoff. I turned it on in bios and added a motherboard serial connector. It worked just fine identified as /dev/cu.serial0.
Im running a program called ADTPro that connects a to an old Apple II using a serial connection, so one can transfer disk images back and fourth. I could have just used my USB to serial cable, but curiosity made me want to try this....

I could use some assistance. I decided to build a second one of these machines. But this time without the RX 580, and I can't for the life of me get the Intel onboard to work post-install. I'm using a i9-9900K CPU. If I put the RX 580 in the machine, it works fine following all of the same steps. But, if I do IGPU only, it never gets past the 2nd reboot where it starts the process when you enter your name/etc at the start of OS X being run for the first time, it black screens right before the Apple logo normally appears with the bar going across the screen.

I get the black screen with "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" being the last visible line. Unlike others though, I'm not losing my port signal on DP or HDMI, I just get a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner indefinitely.

I've tried every possible suggestion on the forums, using platform-ids, injection, no injection, framebuffer patch, etc. And I get varying results, but in 99% of the case it's the same end result, just a black screen with a cursor. I've also tried the known Properties config for our motherboard and that too doesn't work.

I just can't figure out how to get past the post-install. Everything works great for the initial install, and the first reboot where the install continues, but the first time I try to boot into the OS, I have this black screen issue. I'm not sure where to go from a troubleshooting perspective any longer...

Any thoughts for anyone who is running IGPU ONLY with no discrete video card installed? Has anyone else gotten this system up and running with IGPU only?

-F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back