Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-PLUS - i9-10850K - Saphire Radeon RX590 Nitro+

The Guide on Dortania helped me to create a working USBmap.kext. But keep in mind that you will need to disable the switch to allow more than 15 ports in your config.plist. Otherwise you will have problems. That is something what has started with one of the latest versions of macOS. I would advise to make use of the USBInjectAll.kext which I have included in one of the first EFI uploads. It's a special file for 400 series chipset. I have used that also on the H470 Mac of my son. Otherwise do some search in the forums. I'm over to a Mac mini M1 and have sold my PC. Sorry, but I really like this small Computer with my Big screen.

Hello @GeraldB
I bought your same hardware, what guide can I use to create the pendrive with Big sur?
then when everything is finished at the post installation I replace the efi folder and are ok?

Hello @GeraldB
I bought your same hardware, what guide can I use to create the pendrive with Big sur?
then when everything is finished at the post installation I replace the efi folder and are ok?
Just follow the steps which are explained on the Dortania Guide > USB creation. After the stck is ready just mount the EFI partition of the USB drive and replace the EFI directory with the latest upload from me. That will work for the USB and later your harddrive too. The links to the Guide are in the OP. Read it carefully and it will guide you to the really end.

hi @GeraldB after installation and after copy efi partition from usb to my m2 disk, after reboot keyboard and mouse not work, why?

You might try some different ports or create your own USBmap.kext. You will find that on Dortania Guide too. I always had a few ports disabled to stay below the 15 ports limit.

I hope you did also check your BIOS configuration with the list in my OP.
Do you use the latest OC6.8_Z490.zip I have shared in OP?
Did you change anything else in the plist.config than the System serial, SystemUUID, ROM and MLB?
When you have edited the config with OpenCore Configurator (it has to be the latest version!) please check if it has changed the Processor type to anything else than 0. Usually it does set to 4105 without asking. May be it's a good idea to compare the config.plist again? When you use a different SMBIOS than 20,2 than you also need to edit the plist in the USBPMap.kext. The version of the Mac is written in their twice. A few ports are disabled on you PC as I only have enabled the ones I need to keep them below 15. I'm not all the time behing the Mac but I could also have a look on your config if you doesn't succeed.

Hi Mate!
I am still blocked at the same exact point so I am really willing to accept this second view on my EFI... I need some advice here...

FYI, I tested this link EFI and didn't have the issue...(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fi-i5-10400f-xfx-5500-xt-8gb-opencore.302100/), only problem with this one is my primary monitor connected on display port is not working. If I switch it to HDMI it does....but I wanted an updated clean EFI...this one is full of stuff not required.... I tried to cross and compare but was not able to pinpoint the issue...

I tried to build the EFI from scratch again and same issue every two times I boot, one is stucked at [EB|LOG_EXITBS:START]

Thanks in advance for your help.

EFI attached!

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
Hi @GeraldB

Quick question:

In your first post you have the pmset settings for iMacPro 1,1
1644160866669.png

Did you change any of these settings when switching to iMac 20,2; could you share your current ones??
I Have issues with sleep and don't see a lot of people using that SMBIOS.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Those settings are good for all Mac's :). Even a real one.

Gerald, thanks for posting and helping others, I'm upgrading from High Sierra (!) with a old Core 2 Quad build to a TUF Gaming Z490/core i5 10th gen rig. Been a long time since I built a PC but it was fun. Going to use integrated graphics for now until gfx card prices and chip shortage cools down.

Have you attempted Monterey yet? Heard a few headaches with the 225V Intel NIC but hoping our 219 NIC is okay.

Back