Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-PLUS - i9-10850K - Saphire Radeon RX590 Nitro+

Hey Gerald, I've tried using your EFI, adding my own serial number and board id etc; and this way it got to the apple logo and the loading bar, but before it reaches half of the progression, the screen just turns off and it takes me back to the picker, any idea what might fix it ?

Just saw your reply, I'll apply the fixes and see it it works. Thanks for your help man, much much appreciated

Hey Gerald, I've tried using your EFI, adding my own serial number and board id etc; and this way it got to the apple logo and the loading bar, but before it reaches half of the progression, the screen just turns off and it takes me back to the picker, any idea what might fix it ?
in the picker do a NVRAM reset first. That might help too.

Last edited:
Okay so :
Changed iMac20,2 to 19,1 (with appropriate GenSMBIOS config)
Did the NVRAM Cleanup, and NVRAM reset

But I still get to the apple logo, and it keeps failing at the same point, before it reaches half of the loading bar, and then reboots and goes back to the loader. Note that with some changes I've made, I now see "OpenShell.efi" and more options than before in the picker, but still can't go further than before.

Also, you mentioned the "string device-id", that I don't find in the config.plist, should I add it ? and if yes, under which PciRoot?

Thanks again,

That is how it should look like:
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-21 om 12.39.28.png

Try again, no my mistake. I have only used the Internal GPU for 3D processing a while ago. You should use 00009B3E instead of 0300C89B to drive a display. Things are a lot easier with a Radeon card.

With the fixes, as soon as the verbose stars, I get this error :

RT.GV wake-failure

Then code runs for a bit

Then something concerning my keyboard appears

« matching deferred by IOUSBHOSTHIDDevice »

I didn't know that even with a compatible setting, I would encounter so many roadblocks, thanks again for guiding me through

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
That are your USB ports. Did you enable the XhciPortLimit quirk? Also you should delete the USBMap.kext from me as it will not be supported with your board. When you enable the XhciPortLimit you should also install a USBInjectAll.kext for Z490. You could also use a USB Hub and only use one port on your PC. As it counts as 1 port instead of multiple ports for macOS.

Thanks for your help man ! You helped me get on the right track and I finally got it working. i managed to fix wifi after installing Big Sur, and now looking to make audio work, but thanks again !

Thanks for your help man ! You helped me get on the right track and I finally got it working. i managed to fix wifi after installing Big Sur, and now looking to make audio work, but thanks again !
I'm glad you have fixed it. To get your audio to work it's just alcid=1 in your boot-args in NVRAM Add section. Just like my config.plist in OP.

In my case, I've had to set alcid=2 and layout-id=2. Also in the audio section, I noticed the Pci address wasn't the same as my motherboard's audio controller, so I changed it, and since then, it works perfectly ! Wifi sometimes crashes, but comes back by itself. My big challenges now : to get iServices up & running, and to make sure that my machine stops booting into safe mode all the time. I'm not sure it's possible to get help for the iServices, but maybe you have figured this rtcfx_exclude region ? When I first tried with rtcfx=00-FF, it worked, the machine restarted without making me go through the BIOS, but then I've tried narrowing the "bad zone" out, in vain; and then I tried to go back to boot-arg excluding 00-FF, but it restarted from BIOS.

Back