Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hmmm, not sure on that one. 20,2 is supposed to be the closest for our CPU.

View attachment 563665

I set it back to 20.2. I found that my problem, as well as a fairly slow boot after pressing the power button, was because I have a new device connected to the USB-C port. Very strange! This has nothing to do with the Hackintosh....

Here's a build of 0.9.0 with all the latest kexts. Let me know how it works for you.

boot.png

kexts.png

ocvalidate.png

EDIT: Added to 1st post.

Last edited:
New Bios update for the Z490-E (2601 --> 2701).

Hello everyone, I feel like my recent previous posts in this thread have disappeared. To summarize, I manage to launch the install of Ventura, but I do not see my SSD, neither in the disk utility nor in the installer. Tried with APFS formatted SSD and journaled OSX Extended, same result.
I would like to install Ventura on this configuration:
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
i9 10850K
32 GB Crucial Ballistix
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT

Hello everyone, I feel like my recent previous posts in this thread have disappeared. To summarize, I manage to launch the install of Ventura, but I do not see my SSD, neither in the disk utility nor in the installer. Tried with APFS formatted SSD and journaled OSX Extended, same result.
i9 10850K
32 GB Crucial Ballistix
your hardware profile says Gigabyte...

why post in an Asus thread?

i9 10850K
32 GB Crucial Ballistix
Time to update your signature for sure, what brand SSD are you using and are you using the most recent EFI posted here?

I had explained in the posts that have disappeared. My old Z77 is giving up on me, I'm on Bios B which I can't modify, so I decided to modernize a bit. I mounted this configuration:
i9 10850K
32 GB Crucial Ballistix
and I try to install Ventura on it.
I have a USB installer that works with Scope666's December 11, 2020 EFI. Arrived in the installer, I do not see my SSD on which I want to install Ventura, neither from the disk utility, nor from the installer.
I upgraded the Bios to 2701. I tried the SSD in APFS and in OSX extended journaled. I tried several SATA ports. No disc visible.
I've tried the latest EFI 0.9.0 released by Scope666 and I get a disk icon titled Windows 11 that won't boot.
I might need a little help...

I had explained in the posts that have disappeared. My old Z77 is giving up on me, I'm on Bios B which I can't modify, so I decided to modernize a bit. I mounted this configuration:
i9 10850K
32 GB Crucial Ballistix
and I try to install Ventura on it.
I have a USB installer that works with Scope666's December 11, 2020 EFI. Arrived in the installer, I do not see my SSD on which I want to install Ventura, neither from the disk utility, nor from the installer.
I upgraded the Bios to 2701. I tried the SSD in APFS and in OSX extended journaled. I tried several SATA ports. No disc visible.
I've tried the latest EFI 0.9.0 released by Scope666 and I get a disk icon titled Windows 11 that won't boot.
I might need a little help...
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

to Feartech:
The problem is that I don't have any configuration that works. My old z77, with which I am writing at the moment, is giving up, and the Asus config is not functional with OSX (it works very well under Win10). So, I don't know if I should sign my dying config or the one that isn't working yet. I have described the configuration I hope to get working (Asus z490) in previous posts.

to Feartech:
The problem is that I don't have any configuration that works. My old z77, with which I am writing at the moment, is giving up, and the Asus config is not functional with OSX (it works very well under Win10). So, I don't know if I should sign my dying config or the one that isn't working yet. I have described the configuration I hope to get working (Asus z490) in previous posts.
if you are having issues with your Asus setup, then you need to add your specs in your hardware profile

do this before your next post please

Back