Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Here is the latest and greatest:

version.png

kexts.png

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd /Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.8.2-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.2! Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 2 ms. No issues found.

As usual, let me know how it works for you. No changes to config.plist this time around.

Attachments

• EFI 0.8.2.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hi,

Will the i9 9900k work with the Asus Rog Strix Z490-H Gaming? I was going to buy your motherboard, but there is no way to purchase it.

Thank you in advance

Hi,

Will the i9 9900k work with the Asus Rog Strix Z490-H Gaming? I was going to buy your motherboard, but there is no way to purchase it.

Thank you in advance
No, you can not use i9 9900k with Z490 as Z490 uses a different socket. you can only use intel gen 10 and gen 11 with Z490

Sorry, i9 10900k. I was wrong
in theory, you can. But I would suggest you use Z490 E or F gaming as they have better VRM. However, if you do not overclock then I think it is fine.

в теории можно. Но я бы посоветовал вам использовать игровые Z490 E или F, так как у них лучше VRM. Впрочем, если не разгонять то думаю нормально.
Then I'll buy this board, thank you. I hope that it will be possible to install a hackintosh on this configuration. Overclocking is not in my plans

Here's a build of 0.8.3, as usual let me know how it goes for you.

boot.png

kexts.png

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd /Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.8.3-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.3! Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 0 ms. No issues found.

EDIT: Added to first post.

Last edited:
Here's a build of 0.8.4, as usual let me know how it works for you. AppleALC is the only kext that was updated this month.

boot.png

kexts.png

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.8.4-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.4!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 0 ms. No issues found.

EDIT: Added to first post.

Last edited:
Back