Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

sorry, i disabled it in bios, my ssd type is as follows: Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA internal SSD where i try to install it.

sorry, i disabled it in bios, my ssd type is as follows: Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA internal SSD where i try to install it.

Okay. :thumbup:

Well I use Crucial MX500 SSDs of different sizes without any problem at all, so I think that is a red-herring.

Perhaps upload the EFI in zip format, as you have it now.

Ok send you efi hope you can understand.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 48
Ok send you efi hope you can understand.

Thanks.

Okay ...

In the DeviceProperties section of config.plist for the iGPU, the device-id = 9B3E0000 is missing.
Remember too that you can change the AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00009B3E as this may help.

You USBPorts.kext to configure the USB ports will not work. This is because it was originally written for system-definition iMac20,2 but you have changed your system-definition to iMac19,1. So it will be ignored.

Finally and probably most importantly for your boot problems, you have deleted the OpenCanopy.efi driver from your config.plist and EFI/Drivers folder, BUT you still have the OpenCore Picker set to "External" in the Misc/Boot section. If you do not wish to use OpenCanopy then this setting should be "Builtin" etc.

ok sorry i didn't tell you before, but those configurations you told me to do, i had done them before and the result doesn't change, so i tried to change with little success. so i put builtins without the opencanopy driver, this is because i noticed more reactivity and no sudden crashes. Imac is now set correctly with imac20,2 and ig-platform-id was already set up as you wrote it, but occasionally crashed. the device id can be found under a pci root entry, as suggested by the opencore manual for cometlake cpu and it works perfectly. however, I send you the updated EFI file, and working for the boot part.

Here my EFI Updated

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 48
Here my EFI Updated

You are running both USBPorts.kext AND iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext as well as the XhciPortLimit quirk. This is incorrect. Use USBPorts.kext and disable both the others.

Do you have a Commander Pro UPS ? If so fine. If not, disable the kext.

I am now getting lost a little. Are you still having the PC reboots at the 12-minute installation point or is it now something else?

I remain still on the problem of the pc rebooting after the remaining 12 minutes.

ok so this is the final result after various combinations, if i delete as suggested and leave alone usbport.kext it crashes after seeing the usb port of the keyboard and mouse. if I try to leave the other kext iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext it gives me the same problem, if I delete both but I leave the XhciPortLimit quirk it works correctly the boot. So for now I have to leave it this way otherwise I won't even boot. (# I want to remove the problem 12 minutes remaining) XD

OK GUYS GOOD NEWS! Monterey has been installed successful without error, and how i have fix it? simple... tell me now noob if i have commited this error but without any intention, i had must change fs "mac os extended journaled" in "APFS", so then the system apple reboot the machine, and then, i can select install Monterey WITHOUT any reboot issue; infact then the operations of install Monterey continue whitout any errors (he must reboot for other times but without problem for complete the installation).

Back