Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

hello i am new to the forum. I am sorry for my English. I am using the wifi and bluetooth(Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201) module on the motherboard. I am using opencore 0.7.6 and bigsur 11.6.2. I can't do usb mapping. i'm so bad at this. can you help me ? thank you.

Unfortunately ive not got a board with Wifi so not sure what id exactly be looking for

Scope666 i was about to go the rEFInd root and stumbled across this from the opencore guide.lol
Id attach an Efi but mine are all over the shop at the minute.

Optional: Avoiding SMBIOS injection into other OSes​

By default OpenCore will inject SMBIOS data into all OSes, the reason for this is 2 parts:

• This allows for proper multiboot support like with BootCamp(opens new window)
  • Avoids edge cases where info is injected several times, commonly seen with Clover
However, there are quirks in OpenCore that allow for SMBIOS injection to be macOS limited by patching where macOS reads SMBIOS info from. These quirks can break in the future and so we only recommend this option in the event of certain software breaking in other OSes. For best stability, please avoid

To enable macOS-only SMBIOS injection:

• Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> True
  • PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom

Unfortunately ive not got a board with Wifi so not sure what id exactly be looking for

Scope666 i was about to go the rEFInd root and stumbled across this from the opencore guide.lol
Id attach an Efi but mine are all over the shop at the minute.

Optional: Avoiding SMBIOS injection into other OSes​

By default OpenCore will inject SMBIOS data into all OSes, the reason for this is 2 parts:

• This allows for proper multiboot support like with BootCamp(opens new window)
  • Avoids edge cases where info is injected several times, commonly seen with Clover
However, there are quirks in OpenCore that allow for SMBIOS injection to be macOS limited by patching where macOS reads SMBIOS info from. These quirks can break in the future and so we only recommend this option in the event of certain software breaking in other OSes. For best stability, please avoid

To enable macOS-only SMBIOS injection:

• Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> True
  • PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom

OK, I just tested this, it does seem to work. Booted into Windows 11 and Armoury Crate and CPU-Z both work as expected and show the real motherboard name. I'll leave this in the EFI going forward. If any ill effects pop up later on we can always remove it.

hello i am new to the forum. I am sorry for my English. I am using the wifi and bluetooth(Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201) module on the motherboard. I am using opencore 0.7.6 and bigsur 11.6.2. I can't do usb mapping. i'm so bad at this. can you help me ? thank you.
After 11.2 USB port mapping gets more difficult because XCHIPortLimit quirk no longer works. You can try CorpNewt's port mapping tool found here but it still takes some knowledge about what ports are available and whether they are USB2,3,C or internal etc.

Another way is to download an older version of Big Sur or Catalina and use it with Hackintool to map your ports. There is a guide here if you choose to go that route.

After 11.2 USB port mapping gets more difficult because XCHIPortLimit quirk no longer works. You can try CorpNewt's port mapping tool found here but it still takes some knowledge about what ports are available and whether they are USB2,3,C or internal etc.

Another way is to download an older version of Big Sur or Catalina and use it with Hackintool to map your ports. There is a guide here if you choose to go that route.

If I succeed in bigsur usb mapping, do I need to map again in monterey?

If I succeed in bigsur usb mapping, do I need to map again in monterey?
That's great, when it comes to USB port mapping Big Sur is a little more forgiving than Monterey. You may need to tweak some settings after the update but you could also be fine.

That's great, when it comes to USB port mapping Big Sur is a little more forgiving than Monterey. You may need to tweak some settings after the update but you could also be fine.
just wondering how that is? Thought once your mapped your mapped? I tend to use just superspeed on some of my usb3's as know that there only gonna be using usb3 devices, Or only HS if I only need usb 2's Amazes me how many audio channels you get on usb 2's Specifically thinking of the Behringer x32. Unfortunately not mine tho

just wondering how that is? Thought once your mapped your mapped? I tend to use just superspeed on some of my usb3's as know that there only gonna be using usb3 devices, Or only HS if I only need usb 2's Amazes me how many audio channels you get on usb 2's Specifically thinking of the Behringer x32. Unfortunately not mine though
It's just a function of how well ports are mapped, if they are done exactly right then it wouldn't matter. As I mentioned it got easier in Big Sur in the first couple of releases. It didn't have to be perfect to get everything working including sleep, that was my experience anyway. Then in updating to Monterey things changed again and an imperfect mapping made a difference in system behavior.

Here is my current build of OpenCore 0.7.7 including all the latests kexts available.

version.png

kexts.png

Bash:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.7-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 3 ms. No issues found.

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.7.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 104
hello everyone, first of all, I would like to thank scope666, for giving us the efi file to be able to eliminate the biggest job, but I have encountered a problem installing the monterey operating system; I do not know if it is for the operating system, or not, in any case my problem is the following: after having successfully started the installation of the monterey, when it reaches 12 minutes remaining, it freezes for a short time and then it goes to the screen with multiple white writings very quickly, and then reboots the pc, at that point, after booting opencore, I see my ssd with the name I gave it for the installation of the monterey, I try to start it but immediately the pc restarts (most likely for corrupt or missing files due to incorrect installation). I'm still at this point and I don't know what to do, the bios settings are ok, any ideas?

I don't know what to do, the bios settings are ok, any ideas?
Remove the 3080 and use the UHD 630 iGPU instead. That is if you don't have an "F" CPU. We have no way of knowing if it's not shown in your profile.

Back