Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Guys, can someone tell me what I should do so that bluetooth and wi-fi start working? USBPorts.kext took from EFI 0.75. Even one bluetooth will be enough for me since I have a wired connection to the Internet.

For the internal Wi-Fi/Bluetooth you need these kexts (I don't know if the EFI of scoope has this USBPorts.kext…).

You need this client too: https://openintelwireless.github.io/HeliPort/ OR you change the pflist of the itlwm.kext (see homepage).

The Bluetooth works without problems.

Anyway, I tried the internal Wi-Fi weeks ago and the connection was not stable since I had drops. Since yesterday there is a new version of the kext which I'm testing now. I really hope it is stable.

EDIT:

Forget it: the Wi-Fi is not stable and the new kext causes a freeze too!

Attachments

• BlueToolFixup.kext.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 110
  • itlwm.kext.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 72
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Big props for you efi. Am just over half way thru the whole thread trying to gain a better understanding. Using a z490-g version of the board. Changed the usb mapping for this.
All seems sweet apart from not being able to get 5120x1440 resolution.

Ive been reading various threads about platform-id's and framebuffers trying to work out if theres away around this.
The resolution is possible on the uhd630 as stated over at mac rumours forums.
What ever i work out ill let you know.

Almost forgot. Is there anywork around to still use the OC Boot selector and it not mess up the acpi when loading Windows?

Big Thanks

Last edited:
Big props for you efi. Am just over half way thru the whole thread trying to gain a better understanding. Using a z490-g version of the board. Changed the usb mapping for this.
All seems sweet apart from not being able to get 5120x1440 resolution.

Ive been reading various threads about platform-id's and framebuffers trying to work out if theres away around this.
The resolution is possible on the uhd630 as stated over at mac rumours forums.
What ever i work out ill let you know.

Almost forgot. Is there anywork around to still use the OC Boot selector and it not mess up the acpi when loading Windows?

Big Thanks

There's a fork of OpenCore called NDK that allows booting Windows without it messing with the ACPI tables, I haven't tried it though. I just do the F8 thing on boot up.

There's a fork of OpenCore called NDK that allows booting Windows without it messing with the ACPI tables, I haven't tried it though. I just do the F8 thing on boot up.
I have noticed that while looking for an answer. Shame it doesn't seem to be update.
Also seen a workaround involving rEFInd
and another adding the If (_OSI ("Darwin"))s tatements in the ACPI files. Not particularly my strong point.
If I managed to do that to all the files in that folder do you think that would work tho?

I have noticed that while looking for an answer. Shame it doesn't seem to be update.
Also seen a workaround involving rEFInd
and another adding the If (_OSI ("Darwin"))s tatements in the ACPI files. Not particularly my strong point.
If I managed to do that to all the files in that folder do you think that would work tho?

Yeah, I would image if that's documented somewhere that would work. Let me know how you make out, it might be worth incorporating into this EFI for dual booters. (like me). ;)

Well I removed all the ssdt's and tried booting into windows but armoury crate still shows no available devices so I'm going to take a wild guess that there's more to it than adding If (_OSI ("Darwin")) to the ssdt's.
Could be wrong tho. Completely out my depth really
ill check out the rEFInd method when I get a chance to tho. See how that goes

Well I removed all the ssdt's and tried booting into windows but armoury crate still shows no available devices so I'm going to take a wild guess that there's more to it than adding If (_OSI ("Darwin")) to the ssdt's.
Could be wrong tho. Completely out my depth really
ill check out the rEFInd method when I get a chance to tho. See how that goes

Funny you should say that because Armoury Crate was how I first figured out that letting OC boot Windows wasn't a good idea.

Funny you should say that because Armoury Crate was how I first figured out that letting OC boot Windows wasn't a good idea.
Yea. I catched that part of the thread or I would have been none the wiser
Surprised they didn't incorporate the NDK fork into the main opencore.

Yea. I catched that part of the thread or I would have been none the wiser
Surprised they didn't incorporate the NDK fork into the main opencore.

Yeah, why not do a simple detection before messing with the ACPI tables, that was one thing Clover handled better imho.

hello i am new to the forum. I am sorry for my English. I am using the wifi and bluetooth(Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201) module on the motherboard. I am using opencore 0.7.6 and bigsur 11.6.2. I can't do usb mapping. i'm so bad at this. can you help me ? thank you.

Back