Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Leesureone, I see in your profile You have a Z590 Intel platforme with i7 11700K and RX 6800 XT. The 11 generation processor works fine in hackintosh? It's difficult to create usb install and insttall it?

Thanks in advance
It does with the caveat you need a supported graphics card, unlike comet lake builds the iGPU just will not work. See here for more information:

It does with the caveat you need a supported graphics card, unlike comet lake builds the iGPU just will not work. See here for more information:

Interesting how they dropped the core count. Seems like the only real benefit is PCI-E 4.0

1634418457918.png

Interesting how they dropped the core count. Seems like the only real benefit is PCI-E 4.0

View attachment 531075
That's true, there are bunch of articles about Rocket Lake vs Comet Lake and knew going into it. Even Pcie 4.0 doesn't make that big a difference except in data transfer rates and only using a Gen 4 Pcie Nvme ssd. Real world I'm not sure I notice a difference, although my Ryzen system has always had Pcie 4 and that's my daily driver.
Graphics performance is basically the same, at least as of now. It also runs hotter than 10th gen CPUs, another well documented characteristic of 11th gen CPUs.

I set this up as more of an experiment being the Z490 hardware is going to get harder and harder to find and I wanted to see if I could get Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug up and running. It's stable though and runs anything I can throw at it.

Last edited:

Leesureone,

The IGPU on RKL does work now, check this page here for more info >

Leesureone,

The IGPU on RKL does work now, check this page here for more info >

that github page mentions:
  • Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Processor (10th Gen, UHD630)
and not Rocket Lake CPU...

that github page mentions:
  • Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Processor (10th Gen, UHD630)
and not Rocket Lake CPU...
Ah right, thank you for that, guess it's back to square one then... ;)

THANK YOU very much scope666!

I got a deal with the Z490E Gaming and when I with your EFI all runs perfect except some USB (I have to map them).
The only problem I had was when I tried to use the second monitor with the iGPU via HDMI the system crashed. Finally got a RX560 4 Gb and no more problem with it.

So:
Asus 490E Gaming
Intel i7 10700K
Corsair 32 Gb DDR4 2400mhz
Shappire Rx560 Pulse 4 Gb
WD Black 1 T b NVMe SSD

Again, thank you very much!

agdpmod=pikera must be used for RX 5000 series, RDNA Navi 2. I suppose for RX 6000 (RDNA Navi 2) series need too. Are You confirm guys?

agdpmod=pikera must be used for RX 5000 series, RDNA Navi 2. I suppose for RX 6000 (RDNA Navi 2) series need too. Are You confirm guys?
On my Ryzen system I use agdpmod=ignore. On the Z590 I don’t need boot arguments

Back