Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Thank you :)

That was one of the things they changed a version or two ago, so I would update first. Also I don't believe that appears unless you enable iGPU multi monitor. (if you have a DGPU by default the iGPU won't also enable)

That was one of the things they changed a version or two ago, so I would update first. Also I don't believe that appears unless you enable iGPU multi monitor. (if you have a DGPU by default the iGPU won't also enable)
Hi Scope666, could you tell me how to find iGPU multi monitor in BIOS, also can you tell me which BIOS version should I use?

Hi Scope666, could you tell me how to find iGPU multi monitor in BIOS, also can you tell me which BIOS version should I use?

In your screenshot, where it says AUTO, change that. For BIOS use the latest version available.

Last edited:

In you screenshot, where it says AUTO, change that. For BIOS use the latest version available.
Thank you :)) I will give it a try

In your screenshot, where it says AUTO, change that. For BIOS use the latest version available.
Hi @scope666 I've got a slightly different mobo than you but the same CPU. In BIOS, Primary is set to PEG (for my Radeon 6800), and iGPU Multi-Monitor is Enabled (but no monitor is connected to iGPU).

I had a hard time getting accelerated H264 video decoding using Dortania's recommended headless ig-platform-id of 0300C89B; Hackintool would just report "Decoder Failed". Even though I don't have a monitor hooked into my iGPU port, I checked in the OC 0.7.3 EFI you posted, and switched to your ig-platform-id of 07009B3E (and also your device-id of 9B3E0000). (Since I'm using iGPU as headless, I didn't add any framebuffer connectors or memory items).

After reboot, Hackintool now reports VDA Decoder "Fully Supported", so I'm happy with that, but I notice the change has dramatically increased my boot time, during which the Apple logo bootscreen disappears and my monitor completely blacks-out for about 60 seconds. That's about 55 seconds longer than the monitor "blackout" time when I was using 0300C89B (without any device-id). I can live with the added delay caused by using 07009B3E, but am just curious if you could think of anything I could do to eliminate or reduce its 60-second blackout.

Hi @scope666 I've got a slightly different mobo than you but the same CPU. In BIOS, Primary is set to PEG (for my Radeon 6800), and iGPU Multi-Monitor is Enabled (but no monitor is connected to iGPU).

I had a hard time getting accelerated H264 video decoding using Dortania's recommended headless ig-platform-id of 0300C89B; Hackintool would just report "Decoder Failed". Even though I don't have a monitor hooked into my iGPU port, I checked in the OC 0.7.3 EFI you posted, and switched to your ig-platform-id of 07009B3E (and also your device-id of 9B3E0000). (Since I'm using iGPU as headless, I didn't add any framebuffer connectors or memory items).

After reboot, Hackintool now reports VDA Decoder "Fully Supported", so I'm happy with that, but I notice the change has dramatically increased my boot time, during which the Apple logo bootscreen disappears and my monitor completely blacks-out for about 60 seconds. That's about 55 seconds longer than the monitor "blackout" time when I was using 0300C89B (without any device-id). I can live with the added delay caused by using 07009B3E, but am just curious if you could think of anything I could do to eliminate or reduce its 60-second blackout.

I have noticed the same thing, MUCH longer boot times when the iGPU is enabled. I think this started with Big Sur. I just deal with it because I need the iGPU functioning.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, I need iGPU too so you're right, I can deal with the longer boot time to have it working.

Here's a build of 0.7.4 with the latest available kexts.

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

Boot.png

extensions.png

EDIT: Removed, added to 1st post.

Last edited:
Here's a build of 0.7.4 with the latest available kexts.

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

View attachment 530096

View attachment 530097
Hello! Thank you for sharing your EFI to the community! Its a huge help for members here (like me) migrating from AMD to intel. I just recently came from AMD platform (R7 5800x and MSI B450 Tomahawk). My previous one was working great. SMBIOS MacPro7,1. everything is working except for apps that requires Intel CPU like Adobe and Final Cur Pro(faster export time using quick sync). I wanted to stay on SMBIOS iMac20,2 because I would like to use the iGPU for final cut pro exporting time (blazing fast). DRM is not that important to me as there are other devices for that purpose. Currently on BigSur 11.6

I just want to report when using you EFi, my bluetooth module (BCM49560CS2+m.2 adapter attached to the second M.2 slot) sometimes acted finicky. I noticed that after the pc wakes from sleep, the bluetooth takes time to work or sometimes not. I have to turn it off and on to make it work again. I noticed this one because my apple watch unlock feature will not work after sleep. I did try to follow your settings in the BIOS but same thing. And I noticed that the USB map, the 3 black ports acted as a USB Hub. I have a the bluetooth connected one of the internal USB port and my kraken z73 is connected to the other internal port.

Motherboard is on the latest BIOS version. Would be so kind to share your bios settings?

Thanks

Back