Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hi guys..
Is there anyone here using USB 3.0 hub using rear type C port? Mine doesn't work ... the port is active based on hackintool

1629708154563.png

UPDATE

I did it.

I had to change HideAuxiliary to NO in the config file and then add the NVMeFix kext to make it detect the two NVMe SSDs.

The only thing in MacOS startup (login screen) the resolution seems to be minimized, everything is very clear and bright. Once logged in, the resolution changes automatically, even passing to 240hz.
But I think it depends on a setting of MacOS and not of the config file.

For the rest, everything would seem to really work.
Great job scope666. Thanks again.

HideAuxiliary is a cosmetic thing to keep your startup screen cleaner. Pressing the spacebar will show all the hidden entries.

HFSPlus.efi has been included all along.

Well I tried to update to 0.7.3 TWICE and I'm failing miserably. The new kexts are fine, I have them loaded now, but when I try to fold in the files from the package, it gets stuck in the booting process EARLY.

If someone else is successful, perhaps you can post your full EFI.zip so I can do a diff and see what's different.

PS The RESOURCES folder was updated this month, I did include that but still no dice.

Can you attach a screenshot of where the boot process fails?

Can you attach a screenshot of where the boot process fails?

I've already reverted back to 0.7.2, but it's that very first block of text that's maybe 20-30 lines long, that doesn't fill the screen. Then that usually disappears and you start the full screen scrolling, it never makes it to that part.

Also I should add that OpenCanopy doesn't appear to be working, it's in text mode even though the updated Resources folder is present and it's set to External for the GUI OS picker.

Have you already tried resetting nvram?

Maybe it works. Resetting nvram on nowadays boards doesn't make any dangerous operations so you'll be fine

He’s right, that’s usually needed between updates.

Weird, I've never needed it before, maybe something different with this update that requires it.

Back