Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

HDMI audio enabling that kexts AND setting the device-id=709D0000 (otherwise it works over DP without this).

iGPU HDMI works using the old lines.

Internet works well now, I think it was somehow just a coincidence.
Intel UHD 630 would be better......

HDMI audio enabling that kexts AND setting the device-id=709D0000 (otherwise it works over DP without this).

iGPU HDMI works using the old lines.

Internet works well now, I think it was somehow just a coincidence.
Okay about the audio.
Regarding the iGPU HDMI video output, can I ask you to unplug/replug the HDMI cable with the alldata patch? If it doesn't work, can you test those config.plist files I'm tweaking? I'm attaching just the relevant graphics patch, so just copy over your config.plist and test it.

The first config, graphics_patch_no_fbmem_device_id.plist, contains the initial iGPU patch @scope666 used, without framebuffer-fbmem (since the BIOS should be already configured with iGPU Multi Monitor enabled, RC6 Standby turned off (side note, forceRenderStandby=0 boot-arg has the same effect), DVMT Pre-allocated to 128MB) and device-id deleted, since it's required for old versions of Catalina (iirc, 10.15.4 is the first release that announced the support for Comet Lake iGPUs. In any case it's still better having the latest available release of your major OS.

The second one instead, is the reduced patch using alldata property for each connector.
Please let me know if both of them works with iGPU patches and if it's necessary to add igfxonln=1 boot argument (force-online device property) to force online status on all displays, if you get black screen BUT you can wake it after unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable on your motherboard.

Overall, I don't think that you need a custom pipe number, neither a custom index number. Just leave the default ones, as well as the flags.

Attachments

• graphics_patch_no_fbmem_device_id.plist
    1.6 KB · Views: 44
  • graphics_patch_alldata.plist
    902 bytes · Views: 51
Here's the latest and greatest 0.7.2. This one has working HDMI audio WITHOUT using FakePCIID. For me the HDMI monitor has to be connected while booting for the HDMI audio device to show up. HDMI video is also working.

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.2 1.3.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 48
Here's the latest and greatest 0.7.2. This one has working HDMI audio WITHOUT using FakePCIID. For me the HDMI monitor has to be connected while booting for the HDMI audio device to show up. HDMI video is also working.

As always: thank you very much!

BUT HDMI Audio doesn't work to me ;).

As always: thank you very much!

BUT HDMI Audio doesn't work to me ;).

Weird, it's working for me as long as I have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. Are you using an adaptor or is it straight HDMI to HDMI?

Weird, it's working for me as long as I have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. Are you using an adaptor or is it straight HDMI to HDMI?

I also have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. I use no adaptors, just HDMI to HDMI.

Hello scope666, in the meantime I congratulate and thank you for the work done.
It is really important and fantastic.

Coincidentally I found that you and I have almost the same hardware configuration. I tried to use your last attached EFI (EFI 0.7.2 1.3) but in boot it doesn't find the OS, it only detects WINDOWS.

The pen is set as indicated in the Dortania guide, the OS I got it through Python that downloads the latest version.

Would you have any suggestions? I'm sure it's nonsense that escapes me.

PS: the only change I made to the Config.plist file is to set the AAPL, ig-platform-id with the value 0300C89B for the device:
PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x2,0x0)
For using my dGPU
As written in Dortania's guide.

Thanks

Coincidentally I found that you and I have almost the same hardware configuration. I tried to use your last attached EFI (EFI 0.7.2 1.3) but in boot it doesn't find the OS, it only detects WINDOWS.

The pen is set as indicated in the Dortania guide, the OS I got it through Python that downloads the latest version.

PS: the only change I made to the Config.plist file is to set the AAPL, ig-platform-id with the value 0300C89B for the device:
For using my dGPU

Thanks
It sounds like your USB drive maybe incorrectly configured, you can check in the bios if it shows as a boot option or by hitting the F8 key at boot. Make sure when creating the pen drive to format it correctly, I use the terminal command "Create Media" which you can google and then copy and paste into the terminal window. Once that part of the drive is done mount the EFI partition (I use EFI-Agent from Headkaze available on GitHub) then add the EFI folder there. Lots of ways to do the same thing so just a suggestion. @scope666 may have more suggestions...

For using my dGPU

Thanks

Hi there,
please check your ScanPolicy value (usually is 0) and check MinDate and MinVersion in config.plist/UEFI/APFS. Starting from OpenCore 0.7.2, if you're not running Big Sur you can't detect previous macOS APFS disks. The only way to do it is chaning the MinDate and MinVersion values to the following:

Please note that the following values are extracted from OpenCorePkg/OcApfsLib.h

macOS Version MinDate MinVersion
High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66) 20180621U 748077008000000ULL
Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103) 20190820U 945275007000000ULL
Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) 20200306U 1412101001000000ULL
Big Sur 11.4 (20F71) 20210508U 1677120009000000ULL

If you wanna OpenCore detect every APFS partition, without any exception, set both values to -1

P.S. About the graphics patch, since you're using a headless AAPL,ig-platform-id you can drop pretty every property. Just make sure you leave AAPL,ig-platform-id, igfxfw and model properties

Back