Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Just to let you know I'm not using Hackintool for discovering the USB ports, but IORegistryExplorer and honestly it's a better alternative. We're using a Fenvi T919 so the HS13 port, which should be configured as an internal port (0xFF)

Weird, the internal header is HS06 on my board.

1628706964095.png

Okay my bad, I just checked out and the internal header wired to the Fenvi T919 is the HS06. You're right

Anyways feel free to ask about stuff in my EFI. I'm more than excited to help people :D

@ scope666 i want to thank you for the information you post on here its helping me a lot to understand how to setup and create an EFI for my configuration.
I have a Asus i7-10700K, Z490-E and 5700Xt Nitro+sapphire card build in a Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL

I started folding in some of the suggestions from @dreamwhite, let me know what you guys think:

(I didn't do everything, I'm doing this in stages, I went for the biggest fish first)

EDIT: Removed, updated version later in thread.

Last edited:
Nice :D
Don't forget about the ACPI as well as the kext order inside config.plist/Kernel/Add

Nice :D
Don't forget about the ACPI as well as the kext order inside config.plist/Kernel/Add

I plan to try your ACPI set separately, Kext order should already be OK. (Lilu is first, etc.)

To be fair not properly. Despite Lilu is the first entry, it's a wise choice having at least Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen as first kexts, then add the other ones. Especially WhateverGreen if loaded too late can cause issues with the graphics.

In the attachments the corrected version of the kext order. Please note that SMCSuperIO probably won't work, so there's no need of adding it to the kexts. Regarding USB stuff we already discussed about that and as you wrote in the reply #819 you'll test it separately. If you ever plan to use the SSDT table for the USB ports, please don't forget to remove any other USB mapping kext/SSDT.

If you need help without clogging the forum thread don't hesitate to write me in DM on Telegram: @dreamwhitedev

Attachments

• kernel_add.plist
    9 KB · Views: 35
Updated EFI with more stuff cleaned out and dreamwhite's ACPI files for testing:

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.2 cleaned 1.1.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 79
Back