Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Please read the 1st and 5th posts of this thread, the answers you seek are there. :)
Oh says the great wise one - "The answers you seek..." I can imagine you as Merline with the magical hat and wand - lol

Oh says the great wise one - "The answers you seek..." I can imagine you as Merline with the magical hat and wand - lol

1623681764628.png

OK, you know the drill by now, here's a build of 0.7.1, let me know how it works for you:

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd /Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.1-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

1625509858621.png

1625510078478.png

EDIT: Removed from this post and attached to first post of this thread.

Last edited:
OK, you know the drill by now, here's a build of 0.7.1, let me know how it works for you:

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd /Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.1-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

View attachment 523774

View attachment 523775
Works well for me + I’m on Monterey

Hello scope666, first of all I want to thank you for sharing your wisdom, after 5 days trying to install Catalina and Big Sur on my intel 10700 / Asus prime Z490m Plus, finally today I got it thanks to your EFI folders, USB 3.0 / 3.2 / Type C / Ethernet Intel I219V does not work, but everything else works fine, I did some tests with Logic Pro and I am very happy with the result. Thank you

Hello scope666, first of all I want to thank you for sharing your wisdom, after 5 days trying to install Catalina and Big Sur on my intel 10700 / Asus prime Z490m Plus, finally today I got it thanks to your EFI folders, USB 3.0 / 3.2 / Type C / Ethernet Intel I219V does not work, but everything else works fine, I did some tests with Logic Pro and I am very happy with the result. Thank you

If you follow the OpenCore guide, you can fix your remaining issues. You'll want to generate your own USB map since you have a different motherboard, and the guide should help you get the I219V going as well.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#ethernet

Here's a build of 0.7.2 with all the latest kexts, let me know how it works for you.

kexts.png

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 3 ms. No issues found.

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.2.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 110
Here's a build of 0.7.2 with all the latest kexts, let me know how it works for you.

View attachment 526082

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.2-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 3 ms. No issues found.

As always, thank you very much for the effort!

Question: Is there a way to make the iPad USB-C Audio Adapter to work? I tried both USB-C ports (front and rear) and the adapter is not recognized at all.

Back