Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

No, from a SSD.

NVMe is usually around 6 times faster than an SSD, how much that speed difference would benefit the boot process is hard to predict.

NVMe is usually around 6 times faster than an SSD, how much that speed difference would benefit the boot process is hard to predict.
I use an NVME drive and just timed my reboot - from post opencore boot or when you first see the apple logo to login screen, my time was consistently 27 seconds (3 tests)? Anybody else avering different NVME boot times? Also - my sleep stopped working- anybody know why?

My problem is something "new", then usually it boots fast, but now suddenly not anymore... it just stucks for a while (maybe after I used OnyX).

OC7 works well and boot fast, but confirm sleep issue.

OC7 works well and boot fast, but confirm sleep issue.
I think I fixed my sleep issues and it now sleeps - all I did was go back into settings-energy saver and clicked restore defaults, disabled wake for network and power nap, rebooted, and it worked after reboot

Hello, I have an Asus Rog Strix Z490-E wifi, Big Sur and the wifi neither the USB -3 nor the front ones work for me. I have installed the efi that you have put at the beginning. As you will see, I am not an expert, but maybe you can help me. Greetings and thank you

Hello, I have an Asus Rog Strix Z490-E wifi, Big Sur and the wifi neither the USB -3 nor the front ones work for me. I have installed the efi that you have put at the beginning. As you will see, I am not an expert, but maybe you can help me. Greetings and thank you
You should really update your signature to include this build, meanwhile if some of your USB ports are not working it is because @scope666 does not have them enabled in his USBPorts.kext. It by design for how he wants his system to work.

You can create your own to include the post you want but keep in mind there is a 15 port limit and USB 3.0 ports require two addresses to be configured correctly. You can follow this excellent guide for more help.

You should really update your signature to include this build, meanwhile if some of your USB ports are not working it is because @scope666 does not have them enabled in his USBPorts.kext. It by design for how he wants his system to work.

You can create your own to include the post you want but keep in mind there is a 15 port limit and USB 3.0 ports require two addresses to be configured correctly. You can follow this excellent guide for more help.

I agree @Leesureone , @scope666 for President! -:) LoL - Have a good day everyone!

I agree @Leesureone , @scope666 for President! -:) LoL - Have a good day everyone!
Thanks, I will see if I can add those usb ports to the config.plist, or is there another way to add it without reinstalling the system, and is there any way to configure the wifi on this board? Thank you

Thanks, I will see if I can add those usb ports to the config.plist, or is there another way to add it without reinstalling the system, and is there any way to configure the wifi on this board? Thank you

Please read the 1st and 5th posts of this thread, the answers you seek are there. :)

Back