Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I've got a 5700xt in my build and have edited video lightly with absolutely rock solid stability. I primarily edit/mix audio and man having a machine like this was a game changer.

Nice! Yeah I edit video for a living as well as edit audio but honestly a lot of my work isn't super demanding. But my current build I can't seem to get to work well for HEVC editing and don't have time to be constantly tweaking my machine, I've found it super helpful to follow a hackintosh thread that has support going for the build to troubleshoot future problems :D Can't wait for the newer m1x or m2 machines, having some issues with my current motherboard so I'd just like to upgrade in the process.

Don’t say m1 too loudly here.. could be the end of the Hackintosh times
(We’ll see though, they made AMD hackintoshing work)
Hah! I don’t know man, I actually dipped my toes into an M1 Mac mini and had a bad experience on a lot of fronts and returned it, my hackintosh ironically was less buggy hah! The display support on the current M1 chips is just really really bad. They’re good chips but the IO needs a ton of improvement haha.

Don’t upgrade BS to 11.4. Reboots and freez all times. :/
I'm having the same issue. I rolled back to 11.3 which works great.

I also have an Asus Strix ROG z490-E with a 10900k and am using your EFI version 0.6.9-1.1

One issue I am having is getting the HDMI port to work. The DP works great. I have a 3090 and have tried with and without the "-wegnoegpu" boot flag but it seems to make no difference. Both HDMI and DP are plugged into my iGPU on the MB.

Reading back it looks like you re-enabled iGPU support in this EFI version. And I double checked and FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext are enabled and CommandProFix.kext is disabled. I'm not sure what Hemon meant by "For HDMI I just used the "old" DeviceProperties entry." but maybe that's something I need to change? Any suggestions for getting the HDMI to work on 11.3 would be great.

I'm having the same issue. I rolled back to 11.3 which works great.

I also have an Asus Strix ROG z490-E with a 10900k and am using your EFI version 0.6.9-1.1

One issue I am having is getting the HDMI port to work. The DP works great. I have a 3090 and have tried with and without the "-wegnoegpu" boot flag but it seems to make no difference. Both HDMI and DP are plugged into my iGPU on the MB.

Reading back it looks like you re-enabled iGPU support in this EFI version. And I double checked and FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext are enabled and CommandProFix.kext is disabled. I'm not sure what Hemon meant by "For HDMI I just used the "old" DeviceProperties entry." but maybe that's something I need to change? Any suggestions for getting the HDMI to work on 11.3 would be great.

Yeah, Hemon meant reverting back to the way I originally had the iGPU defined, which the 1.1 EFI already has. I deleted the other version to avoid any confusion. -wegnoegpu shouldn't be needed as by default I'm blocking the top PCIE slot video card (probably where you have your 3090, and where I have my 2080 Ti)

Is anyone familiar with enabling thunderbolt hot plugging? I've got an asus thunderboltex 3-tr that will work if all my TB devices are powered up before boot.. but no hot plugging.

Don’t upgrade BS to 11.4. Reboots and freez all times. :/
I had the same. It seems to be related to the Intel i225-V ethernet card.

I fixed it by disabling the patch:
Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 08.44.15.png

You will have to add the FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext to get the ethernet card to work.

I don't know why but the start is now really, really slow… thought?!

i'll throw this out first - not sure if this is even the right answer but maybe it has something to do with NVRAM - try resetting or clearing NVRAM at opecore boot - (no flames required if I'm wrong lol)

Back