Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Thank you!
It is working now, installing.. used the latest 6.9 folder you posted above + agdpmod=pikera
image0.jpg

Hello again, good morning!

I'm very happy with this build so far, easiest hackintosh I have done thanks to your guide.. I'm glad I bought my hardware based on your guide :)

Couple little issues so far, Wifi shows the icon but doesn't show any available networks and BT doesn't work. I think about buying your PCIe Fenvi card you have, it is gonna take 2--3 weeks to arrive as we have holidays now in Dubai UAE
Or can I get the existing Wifi/BT to work for Airdrop? what do you think ?

The other issue is CPU temperature, it pushes itself somehow to 210 Watts and 4.9 GHz at all cores.. it gets to 85 degrees C with my 240 MM AIO (I changed Asus enhancement in bios to remove all limitations)
This doesn't happen in windows, all cores stay at 4.8 GHz @ 170 Watts or so and temperatures are below 75 degrees(same bios settings). Is there something I could do to avoid this? I'm thinking about undervolting the CPU

Best,
Muhammed

Hello again, good morning!

I'm very happy with this build so far, easiest hackintosh I have done thanks to your guide.. I'm glad I bought my hardware based on your guide :)

Couple little issues so far, Wifi shows the icon but doesn't show any available networks and BT doesn't work. I think about buying your PCIe Fenvi card you have, it is gonna take 2--3 weeks to arrive as we have holidays now in Dubai UAE
Or can I get the existing Wifi/BT to work for Airdrop? what do you think ?

The other issue is CPU temperature, it pushes itself somehow to 210 Watts and 4.9 GHz at all cores.. it gets to 85 degrees C with my 240 MM AIO (I changed Asus enhancement in bios to remove all limitations)
This doesn't happen in windows, all cores stay at 4.8 GHz @ 170 Watts or so and temperatures are below 75 degrees(same bios settings). Is there something I could do to avoid this? I'm thinking about undervolting the CPU

Best,
Muhammed

For the WiFi/BT, take a look here: https://github.com/xiaovie/Hackintosh-ROG-Z490-series-motherboard-OpenCore

He has the closest hardware to my build and has drivers for the built-in WiFi/BT. When I built this machine, I already had my PCIE card so I just used it again (knowing it's natively supported) As far as Handoff / Continuity with the built-in, I'm not sure how much of it works, perhaps someone else can chime in.

For power, with my EFI / settings, I'm getting native power management, my CPU auto scales down in frequency when it's not under heavy load. Take a look here for some additional things to try: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#enabling-x86platformplugin

Also, don't forget to generate a good serial, UUID, MLB, ROM, etc so iCloud / iMessage will work.

Last edited:
Don’t upgrade BS to 11.4. Reboots and freez all times. :/

Also fixed all the icloud errors I was having - so that's neat.

By any chance has anyone done 4K HEVC editing in final cut with this build? I'm looking to upgrade my current hackintosh to this motherboard/cpu combo :) Using a Vega 64 in my current build as well.

Thanks!

Back