Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

SO recently I've lost imessage and iCloud.. Can't seem to narrow down why either?
ethernet is set to EN0
Used SMBIOS and updated the plist.
I had it all before but just booted up one day and no luck. What's crazy too, I've made backups of my EFI pretty diligently (or so I thought) and I'm still getting nowhere using those. Any ideas? I can post my EFI with serials removed

SO recently I've lost imessage and iCloud.. Can't seem to narrow down why either?
ethernet is set to EN0
Used SMBIOS and updated the plist.
I had it all before but just booted up one day and no luck. What's crazy too, I've made backups of my EFI pretty diligently (or so I thought) and I'm still getting nowhere using those. Any ideas? I can post my EFI with serials removed

Have you taken a look here? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/. That's pretty much the Bible of iMessage / iCloud related stuff. There's a procedure there I've had to do where you delete everything before trying again, I would study the 1st post. There's also some info on it in the Opencore guide.

Upgraded to 11.3, no USB issues so far. I guess my map is compatible.

About-11.3.png

Do you have problems with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on Safari? They just do not work!

Hi everyone, I just installed BigSur 11.2.3 using the latest EFI 0.6.8 available, and I can't finish leaving the installation fine. Let's see if someone else is like me.

I have an Asus Z490E-Gaming with an i9-10850k, using the integrated graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to a 4K TV LG 49", and here my first problem begins. I can't get the refresh rate up to more than 30 hz, which is quite "uncomfortable". I have tried all the resolutions, and none of them allows me to change the refresh rate up to more than 30.

I have connected it to a 1080p monitor via HDMI, and in this one it shows me at 60 hertz.

On the other hand, when I put the pc to sleep, when I woke up it did not detect the screen. I have to unplug the HDMI from the board and reconnect to get video signal again.

Also, like hemon, amazon prime and netflix don't play on safari.

I have to test that this also happens with EFI 0.6.7 to verify that it is not the latest version.

Thanks in advice!!

Hi everyone, I just installed BigSur 11.2.3 using the latest EFI 0.6.8 available, and I can't finish leaving the installation fine. Let's see if someone else is like me.

I have an Asus Z490E-Gaming with an i9-10850k, using the integrated graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to a 4K TV LG 49", and here my first problem begins. I can't get the refresh rate up to more than 30 hz, which is quite "uncomfortable". I have tried all the resolutions, and none of them allows me to change the refresh rate up to more than 30.

I have connected it to a 1080p monitor via HDMI, and in this one it shows me at 60 hertz.

On the other hand, when I put the pc to sleep, when I woke up it did not detect the screen. I have to unplug the HDMI from the board and reconnect to get video signal again.

Also, like hemon, amazon prime and netflix don't play on safari.

I have to test that this also happens with EFI 0.6.7 to verify that it is not the latest version.

Thanks in advice!!
Display issues can be funny, the cable and monitor itself can make a difference even if you have the correct device IDs and connectors specified in your config.plist. Display Port is generally preferred as the output source, you could try that but you can also try configuring your Device ID for your iGPU following information below and or using Hackintool.

You will not ever be able to get Safari to run most DRM content to run using an iGPU, try using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Back