Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Ok I will try, just for knowledge, I need to put this kext in the kext folder of the EFI and using proper tree to have it in the config.plist, is this the correct way?
Yup, u can config the plist like this:
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>CtlnaAHCIPort.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/CtlnaAHCIPort</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string>20.0.0</string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>

I tried with that kext and I have the same issue, installer will not start. I see both the 970 evo plus M2 and the crucial mx500 sata. log attached from Big Sur installer... and the EFI I just used (EFI from @Leesureone ) anything else wrong in that EFI or config.plist?
Are UUID and Serial etc. important to add for install or only later after install?

info: it was another USB stick and I deleted the Big Sur installer and downloaded it again via gibmacOS and created the install media new...

Attachments

• Installer Log 27-Jan-2021.txt
    114.9 KB · Views: 131
  • EFI-oc-bigsur-270120211047.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
hmm, quite odd to me, it looks like your InstallAssistant crashed but I do not know what exactly causes this yet.

:) It seems I am a step further... I disconnected the fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth card and one USB connector from the Corsair commander pro (rgb fans). The installer started ....! I choosed the 970 evo plus M2

Attachments

• 057A6572-DF47-4510-8402-636D1A84BEB0.jpeg
    057A6572-DF47-4510-8402-636D1A84BEB0.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
thanks to @Leesureone @scope666 & @blackberry4311 it seems installation was now a success, its working!!
After install, I plugged in again the fenvi wifi/bluetooth card, and both is working as well.
Again, thank you so much for your time and help.

One last question for the moment, what is now the best way to generate and include the UUID, Serial, etc. ?
I do not want to break that system....

Attachments

• IMG_5012.JPG
    IMG_5012.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
thanks to @Leesureone @scope666 & @blackberry4311 it seems installation was now a success, its working!!
After install, I plugged in again the fenvi wifi/bluetooth card, and both is working as well.
Again, thank you so much for your time and help.

One last question for the moment, what is now the best way to generate and include the UUID, Serial, etc. ?
I do not want to break that system....

some first test with Geekbench, looks ok or?
z490-4, i710700k, rx570 8GB, 32GB RAM

Attachments

• IMG_5016.JPG
    IMG_5016.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5017.JPG
    IMG_5017.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
:) It seems I am a step further... I disconnected the fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth card and one USB connector from the Corsair commander pro (rgb fans). The installer started ....! I choosed the 970 evo plus M2
So it was either a USB or Pcie conflict, how weird. I’ve got a similar,if not identical card, in the bottom most pcie slot since day one, no conflicts.

Last edited:
So it was either a USB or Pcie conflict, how weird. I’ve got a similar,if not identical card, in the bottom most pcie slot since day one, no conflicts.
@Leesureone some last questions in the config.plist I like to remove the "-v" for startup but it is in two places under NVRAM under boot-args, should I remove it from both places? secondly there are a lot of icons during startup next to the startup volume, I think all what is under "tools" how can I hide these *.efi items? Thanks a lot!

Back