Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I mean that the computer doesn't want to boot when the display is connected to MB's DisplayPort or isn't connected at all, the result is the same - beeping (VGA card error). It looks like the DisplayPort is completely dead or somethin'. It's not recognized even when the system is booted and I connect the display.
got it. In this case, u are plugged 690 as well, is that right ? and try to disable this DGPU via the OC config?

if in that case, your process to troubleshoot is right, just need to remove the DGPU to make sure the DP port works well.

I don't have a 4.0 handy at the moment, but here's my 5.1.1 score, you can use the browser to compare to other builds:

Example comparison to a randomly picked 9900K using the search function:

My i9-10900K GB5 scores are only 1246 (Single-Core Score) and 9714 (Multi-Core Score), can you please save a copy of your BIOS profile and post it here for comparison purposes? TIA!

My i9-10900K GB5 scores are only 1246 (Single-Core Score) and 9714 (Multi-Core Score), can you please save a copy of your BIOS profile and post it here for comparison purposes? TIA!

Here you go, both the .txt and binary versions are attached. You have to be on 1003 (latest) to be able to import the binary file.

Attachments

• Main.txt_setting.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Main.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 42
Here you go, both the .txt and binary versions are attached. You have to be on 1003 (latest) to be able to import the binary file.
Thanks - Super Awesome!!!!!

Thanks - Super Awesome!!!!!

Just be sure to double check the RAM settings after the import if your RAM is different from mine. I'm using the XMP 2.0 profile, which gets it going at 3200 MHz.

1609522670999.png

I have run into this in the past, I believe the computer puts out 3 beeps if you have a speaker connected. I still keep one connected because it's REALLY handy for troubleshooting.

I solved this by running extra cables so that I never have to move plugs around to switch between iGPU for Catalina and RTX for Windows. This motherboard does some kind of check for a monitor at bootup. What I think is happening is it knows there's a DGPU installed, but doesn't see a monitor connected to it so it's throwing the error. Perhaps if you run one extra line so the DGPU still "sees" a monitor connected, while the iGPU is also connected to the monitor you want to use.

got it. In this case, u are plugged 690 as well, is that right ? and try to disable this DGPU via the OC config?

if in that case, your process to troubleshoot is right, just need to remove the DGPU to make sure the DP port works well.

I tried DisplayPort without DGPU and it didn't work at all. Seems to be completely dead on this MB :(

create USB boot using Ubuntu 20, and boot with this USB to check if this DP is worked.
It's not working in W10 too, so I think no reason to check it in Ubuntu. Seems I have to ask a support

I just keep hitting a roadblock with installing OS Catalina.
I have almost the same build as this, except I have the Asus Rog Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi) board, and a i7-10700K CPU, Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT, 64Gb of Kingston Hyper-X RAM.
Since this is a new build I don't have access to a Mac OS computer so I'm creating the OpenCore 0.6.4 USB installer via Windows 10. I followed Brandon Yen's "macOS Big Sur Hackintosh Guide - No macOS Required! (Desktop Only)" YouTube video.
The first problem I encountered when booting off of the USB Installer is it wants me to have an internet connection to install Mac OS Catalina. I have IntelMausi.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext but it doesn't want to recognize my ethernet connection. So I find a post online where someone said they had to use a USB Ethernet dongle and that worked for them. So I did that, and now I don't get the "No Internet" error but now I encounter another issue.
I boot to the USB device and choose option #2 "Mac OS Base System (external)", it boots the the "Mac OS Utilities" screen, I choose "Disk Utility", I format the 500 gb drive to APFS, I exit "Disk Utility". Next I choose "Reinstall MacOS", it takes me to the install Catalina splash screen, I hit next, it then displays the "User Agreement", I click "Okay", I then choose the 500gb drive I just formatted, I click next, and it immediately takes me back to the "Mac OS Utilities" window. It just won't install. Does anybody know what the problem is?

I everyone, i have a question.
Does someone use the thunderbolt ? I want to use a UAD soundcard (th3) and i need infos if thunderbolt 3 is okay with this motherboard

Back