Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

No, external hard drives via USB. Like flash drives work, but all external hard drives connected via USB do not. I've searched online and this is a common problem.
I didn't face this problem before, I have external hard drive work for me when connected via USB. I have WD my passport and using it quite often.

I didn't face this problem before, I have external hard drive work for me when connected via USB. I have WD my passport and using it quite often.
I don't know then. I haven't changed anything in your EFI except for the iMac model and the serial numbers.

I don't know then. I haven't changed anything in your EFI except for the iMac model and the serial numbers.
can you plz check if the USB device shows up in hackintool like this?
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.01.37 AM.png

is your ext drive work on Windows or other OS?

can you plz check if the USB device shows up in hackintool like this?
View attachment 497832

is your ext drive work on Windows or other OS?
The drive does not show up. The drive also works on my MacBook and 2 other iMacs that I've tested on.

Edit: Apparently USB 3.0 devices don't work but USB 2.0 devices do.

Edit 2: I swapped out the SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml out for SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and now things show up in Hackintool under USB, but the drive still doesn't show up.

Edit 3: I got it working!!! I had to remove USBInjectAll.kext and use USBPorts.kext as well as update the model in it's info.plist

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.25.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.25.01 PM.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
The drive does not show up. The drive also works on my MacBook and 2 other iMacs that I've tested on.

Edit: Apparently USB 3.0 devices don't work but USB 2.0 devices do.
Please refresh the list in USB tab, there are many things nonsenses there.
Edit 2: I swapped out the SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml out for SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and now things show up in Hackintool under USB, but the drive still doesn't show up.
I generated EC and USBX in windows, it's cleaner than the file you grab from dortania guild, the guild is common for many computers.
Edit 3: I got it working!!! I had to remove USBInjectAll.kext and use USBPorts.kext as well as update the model in it's info.plist
By default, I disable USBInjectAll and using USBPorts.kext (to make sure 15 ports limit work). In this USBPorts.kext doesn't have TypeC and front panel port. Please notice that, or you can generate one by yourself.

Anw, cheer man. Glad that your hack work.

Please refresh the list in USB tab, there are many things nonsenses there.

I generated EC and USBX in windows, it's cleaner than the file you grab from dortania guild, the guild is common for many computers.

By default, I disable USBInjectAll and using USBPorts.kext (to make sure 15 ports limit work). In this USBPorts.kext doesn't have TypeC and front panel port. Please notice that, or you can generate one by yourself.

Anw, cheer man. Glad that your hack work.
I went and remapped my USB ports, all of them work now including my single front USB port, front USB-C, and rear USB-C

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.15.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.15.04 PM.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 37
I went and remapped my USB ports, all of them work now including my single front USB port, front USB-C, and rear USB-C

You're at 17, which is above the 15 port limit, this might cause issues with sleep, data corruption, etc. etc.

You're at 17, which is above the 15 port limit, this might cause issues with sleep, data corruption, etc. etc.
agree.

your config over 15 ports and the Aura Led Controller and IOUSBHostDevice should be internal.

agree.

your config over 15 ports and the Aura Led Controller and IOUSBHostDevice should be internal.

Aura Led Controller is a good choice to hide, no point in burning one of the 15 when it can't be controlled from the Mac side.

agree.

I did some more remapping. the IOUSBHostDevice is the Bluetooth, without it Bluetooth doesn't work. I removed it and bluetooth quit working

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 11.03.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 11.03.10 PM.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 46
Back