Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

hmm, something wrong here. let me think

Hey. you use the old version of itlwm, please upgrade to the latest version(1.1.0). wifi 6 (AX201 with device id 0x06F0) didn't support in gen 1 (version 1.0)
Updated the kext, still not showing up. Did I need to add the device under Device Properties in my config? If so what information does it need?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.02.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.02.23 AM.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.03.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.03.46 AM.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.05.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.05.25 AM.png
    19 KB · Views: 46
Did I need to add the device under Device Properties in my config? If so what information does it need?
Nope, didn't need to do that.
Did you use Windows along with Hackintosh? If in that case, did you booted to the window before adding the itlwm kext?

Nope, didn't need to do that.
Did you use Windows along with Hackintosh? If in that case, did you booted to the window before adding the itlwm kext?
I do not have Windows on this machine, just Hackintosh. Never had Windows on the machine.

ok, if in that case, please help me to test with this scenario: use a usb to boot with ubuntu 20 and check if the wifi works well on ubuntu.
The reason to do that is itlwm was implemented base on linux intel BSD. If wifi under Ubuntu won't work, so maybe the issue related to your motherboard.

ok, if in that case, please help me to test with this scenario: use a usb to boot with ubuntu 20 and check if the wifi works well on ubuntu.
The reason to do that is itlwm was implemented base on linux intel BSD. If wifi under Ubuntu won't work, so maybe the issue related to your motherboard.
I tried using ubuntu a few days ago when I tried to manually compile everything myself, gather kexts and setup my config. Wifi did not work in Ubuntu.

I tried using ubuntu a few days ago when I tried to manually compile everything myself, gather kexts and setup my config. Wifi did not work in Ubuntu.
So it's motherboard problem. In that case, I don't have any solution.

Also double check you have the onboard WiFi/BT enabled in the UEFI (BIOS)
yes it is enabled. BT works fine. I'm going to do a temporary install of Windows to see if works or not. If not them it is definitely the board. I also have 3600MHz ram that is on the QVL but it will not POST when I enable XMP. I was able to get it to POST at 3400MHz. If it turns out the wifi also doesn't work in Windows I'll begin the RMA process.

Definitely having issues in Windows too.

I'm getting a replacement board. Wish me luck that the replacement works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back