Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I’m going to try my first hackintosh tomorrow with your EFI. I’ll be running Z490-e, i5 10600, vengeance 32gb 3200 and RX560.

should I follow all those steps from the first post or can I simply download the EFI and use it? Any recommendations for a first timer? Haha

thanks!!

Definity read everything I have in the first post, and also supplement it with this:

You'll HAVE to generate things like serial, MLB, etc. In my EFI, they say "Change Me" in there.

You should use the 0.6.3 version I have here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gaming-i9-10900k-opencore.299137/post-2191100

I made a clean installation of Big Sur: it works for now without problems!

Any changes needed for what I have in the EFI? Did you use the 0.6.3 version?

Any changes needed for what I have in the EFI? Did you use the 0.6.3 version?

No, I just used your last EFI (with sleep fix).

iMessage, Audio and USB works. I'm still in testing.

No, I just used your last EFI (with sleep fix).

Nice! Thanks for reporting in! Nice to know it's ready for the upgrade.

I must say, Big Sur feels somehow "strange", the UI is completely different… but I still don't know if it is positive or negative…

The boot is slow, but for now everything works 100% (I haven't tried the sleep yet).

Last edited:
I have a dGPU "blocker" in my EFI to hide my RTX 2080 from the system, you probably have to remove this line if you have the card in the top "main" PCIE slot:

I don't know a lot about the RX 5700 but there might be more tweaks needed for that card, check the Opencore guide.

View attachment 494979
Without knowing you probably saved my weekend by mentioning to remove 1 key in config.plist :thumbup:

As a hackintosh beginner I started in august and sort of 'duplicated' your project with roughly the same parts. And very happy with a working RX5700XT in PCIe 16_2. Last week I added a Asus Hyper M.2 card and moved the RX5700XT to PCIe 16_1. Working in W10 ... in Linux ... but nothing in Catalina anymore. Puzzling and searching the whole week till I found your remark about the GPU-blocker for PCIe slot 1. :lol:

Without knowing you probably saved my weekend by mentioning to remove 1 key in config.plist :thumbup:

As a hackintosh beginner I started in august and sort of 'duplicated' your project with roughly the same parts. And very happy with a working RX5700XT in PCIe 16_2. Last week I added a Asus Hyper M.2 card and moved the RX5700XT to PCIe 16_1. Working in W10 ... in Linux ... but nothing in Catalina anymore. Puzzling and searching the whole week till I found your remark about the GPU-blocker for PCIe slot 1. :lol:

Yeah, it's been mentioned in the thread in a few places, but it's grown to be quite large so it would be easy to miss. Maybe I'll add something to the first post about it. EDIT: Done.

I feel proud that others have loosely followed my build. I historically had always bought the "Hero" class of boards, but when I saw that it didn't have both iGPU outputs, I looked for the next best board, and landed on this one. Funny how Asus deciding that extra video port wasn't important probably cost them a lot of revenue via our crowd.

Last edited:
Anyone upgraded to Big Sur on the existing installation based on EFI's in this thread?

Back