Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

greetings all, @scope666 thank for sharing your work
Tried your EFI on Asus Prime H470M-Plus, & voila, Catalina installed & came up :)
left the system up all night, playing Spotify & it's still running fine.
there are other subsystems that still need work (ethernet & wifi),
but for now a usb-ethernet dongle does the work.

OK, here's the latest and greatest, I still can't say asleep on my machine but other than that it's working great.

This has the new and improved USB map and ACPI files generated on the Windows 10 side to be cleaner.
I have been tweaking my EFI folder and kept wondering what the SSDT-GPRW.aml file was for in ACPI was for. There was also a patch enabled in ACPI/Patch that renamed GPRW. I did a search and Dortania says it can be used if there are issues with sleep. Maybe try adding those back into your EFI folder?
After testing I find I don't need that file or patch for sleep to work correctly but it might help you. I also do not need the SSDT-EC.aml file you are using. Just a suggestion, something to test out.

I have been tweaking my EFI folder and kept wondering what the SSDT-GPRW.aml file was for in ACPI was for. There was also a patch enabled in ACPI/Patch that renamed GPRW. I did a search and Dortania says it can be used if there are issues with sleep. Maybe try adding those back into your EFI folder?
After testing I find I don't need that file or patch for sleep to work correctly but it might help you. I also do not need the SSDT-EC.aml file you are using. Just a suggestion, something to test out.

I will try this and report back...

EDIT: You sir are a genius, sleep IS WORKING! I had done a diff before, but somehow missed the GPRW patch under ACPI.

I went one step further, put the patch back and used the full set of ACPI files from my 0.6.1 build, while retaining all of the other "clean" work I did for 0.6.3.

Here is the result: <attached>

If others confirm, I'll add it to the first post.

EDIT: Added to first post.

Last edited:

EDIT: You sir are a genius, sleep IS WORKING! I had done a diff before, but somehow missed the GPRW patch under ACPI.

I went one step further, put the patch back and used the full set of ACPI files from my 0.6.1 build, while retaining all of the other "clean" work I did for 0.6.3.

Appreciate the compliments, glad it worked.

Your EFI works well to me, except wake up with a black screen, this is known issue to me and the others using an HDMI cable with monitor doesn't have an internal speaker.
To fix this, please add no-hda-gfx into HDEF with sisteen zero number or using DVI cable.

Your EFI works well to me, except wake up with a black screen, this is known issue to me and the others using an HDMI cable with monitor doesn't have an internal speaker.
To fix this, please add no-hda-gfx into HDEF with sisteen zero number or using DVI cable.

I tested this, it works in the sense that HDMI audio devices disappear, but in my case, my HDMI monitor still needs me to hit the menu button to wake it up after sleep. It technically has audio capabilities, but only by plugging in headphones.

1604933330493.png

I made a recent change to my setup so I wouldn't have to plug / unplug cables anymore to switch between Catalina and Windows 10. It basically looks like this now:

1604934112673.png

LG is a great monitor but it only has one DP, so this is the best I could come up with.

Last edited:
View attachment 494878

LG is a great monitor but it only has one DP, so this is the best I could come up with.
How about using a multi-display port splitter? with 2 Dps in and 1 Dp out for your LG monitor?

@Leesureone for your question several posts ago related to using only layout-id = 11 in HDEF config and without HDMI audio kext, I confirm that I still have HDMI audio (my monitor don't have an internal speaker but have a headphone port)
Even if the device has no output control
1604934961171.png

I still have HDMI audio output from this monitor.

Last edited:
How about using a multi-display port splitter? with 2 Dps in and 1 Dp out for your LG monitor?

I thought about this, but it would make a mess out of my wiring, and it would have to be located somewhere I could reach to press the button. I'd also still have the problem of how to deal with the 25" Asus. 60 Hz is ok on the Catalina side, as I'm not gaming on it.

AMD Radeon dGPU is still not detected by system
any pointer/comment appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.9 MB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 9.48.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 9.48.20 AM.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 136

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-185516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-185516_Chrome.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 103