Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

OK, here's the latest and greatest, I still can't say asleep on my machine but other than that it's working great.

This has the new and improved USB map and ACPI files generated on the Windows 10 side to be cleaner.

EDIT: Removed, version with working sleep is posted and waiting for testing.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are trying....
nevermind.

Finally, all thing I need worked. Integrated Bluetooth and wifi work, sleep/wake work.
I dont't need the typeC port (currently), and don't have the front USB panel so in my USBPorts.kext don't have these port.

Thing to note: @Leesureone you don't need the UsbInjectAll anymore when have UsbPorts.kext, and can you check again about the audio device/properties with layout-id to 11 would have HDMI audio? as @scope666 confirm that he still has HDMI audio output when have that config.

I'm searching around if I need to enable the SSDT-RHUB in my config.

Let me using this computer for a while and report if have any issue.

nevermind.

Finally, all thing I need worked. Integrated Bluetooth and wifi work, sleep/wake work.
I dont't need the typeC port (currently), and don't have the front USB panel so in my USBPorts.kext don't have these port.

Thing to note: @Leesureone you don't need the UsbInjectAll anymore when have UsbPorts.kext, and can you check again about the audio device/properties with layout-id to 11 would have HDMI audio? as @scope666 confirm that he still has HDMI audio output when have that config.

I have it in there for now because the guide specifies it:

1604770804793.png

What this SSDT does​

So on 400 series motherboards, certain OEMs have broken the ACPI spec and this results in issues when booting into macOS. To fix this, we'll want to turn off the RHUB device and force macOS to manually rebuild the ports.

The following platforms will require fixing:

• Mobile Icelake(currently Dell and Lenovo are the 2 known with this issue)
  • Asus Z490 (Gigabyte and AsRock users are fine, whether MSI currently this is unknown)

#

So I will enable it back.

If it helps, while I was doing the map (via USBInjectAll, the fixed one posted here recently) I saw 2 RHUB devices, so I do think we need it. (unless the fact that I deleted them in the USBPorts.kext is enough, tough to know for sure)

If it helps, while I was doing the map (via USBInjectAll, the fixed one posted here recently) I saw 2 RHUB devices, so I do think we need it. (unless the fact that I deleted them in the USBPorts.kext is enough, tough to know for sure)
I deleted them all when mapping also, and I don't see any difference when boot with or without it. Let me use this computer for a while.

nevermind.

If I remove USBInjectAll.kext my machine won't sleep, its whatever works right? I'll try the other layout ID for sound, couldn't find the post where you originally posted that.

If I remove USBInjectAll.kext my machine won't sleep, its whatever works right? I'll try the other layout ID for sound, couldn't find the post where you originally posted that.

I originally had layout-id = 7, but someone here recently suggested 11 instead and it worked. Still not 100% which is more correct, they both seem to work for me.

That's really weird that you need USBInjectAll even though you're using a USBPorts.kext. I wonder what it's doing in that scenario.

here u are.
That's really weird that you need USBInjectAll even though you're using a USBPorts.kext. I wonder what it's doing in that scenario.
Yup I think so too, and with my test, both things work, with or without the USBInjectAll kext. So I just disable this kext to make my config clean.

I originally had layout-id = 7, but someone here recently suggested 11 instead and it worked. Still not 100% which is more correct, they both seem to work for me.

All I could do is speculate one enables all ports and the other defines which OS 10 or 11 can see. I may try the newer version of the USBInjectAll.kext and try building my port map again and see if it makes a difference.

In other builds I've had to do the same thing, the NUC thread I help support here I either have USBInjectAll active or use the Kernel Quirk XhciPortLimit set to Yes along with a USBPorts.kext. Not supposed to have to do either of those according to the guides but sleep will fail on my NUC8 without it. No side effects!

When I was running either the Rog Strix Z390 Gaming I and E I was doing the same thing and over at the Asus Z390 -I Gaming Everything Works Thread the EFI folders for OC are set up similarly.

Back