Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hello everyone, I have a rather specific problem with my hackintosh. I Have the same config as you>
I have two ssd one with Windows 10 to be able to play with my 3080 and one with Catalina 10.15.7 which uses the Intel uhd 630 chipset of my MB connect to the display port , everything works perfectly (the GeForce is indeed disabled on opencore) except that the resolution that catalina sends to my ultrawide screen is not good.
I have the choice and the possibility of activating in pref pan the resolution 5120 x 1440 but the screen receives a resolution of 3840 x 1080. Any idea ?

Hello everyone, I have a rather specific problem with my hackintosh. I Have the same config as you>
I have two ssd one with Windows 10 to be able to play with my 3080 and one with Catalina 10.15.7 which uses the Intel uhd 630 chipset of my MB connect to the display port , everything works perfectly (the GeForce is indeed disabled on opencore) except that the resolution that catalina sends to my ultrawide screen is not good.
I have the choice and the possibility of activating in pref pan the resolution 5120 x 1440 but the screen receives a resolution of 3840 x 1080. Any idea ?

You might be hitting the max capability of the UHD 630, that's a lot of pixels to push.

You're wider than what they list here:

4096 x 2304@60Hz

5120 x 1440 is less pixel than 4096 x 2304 and it work perfectly on windows

5120 x 1440 is less pixel than 4096 x 2304 and it work perfectly on windows

Only other things I can think to try:

Check DP version on monitor, some have a setting for different versions.

Perhaps trying a different device ID.

@scope666
I have the same mainboard as you, I have a question: did USB 2.0 ports work in your config?
H2Gaming_ASUS_ROG_Z490-E_Strix_Gaming_2_H2Tech_SG_HCM_Hoang_Sa.jpg

I meant the port above

@scope666
I have the same mainboard as you, I have a question: did USB 2.0 ports work in your config?View attachment 494024

I meant the port above

If you look in the 5th post of this thread, I cover the USB map I did. There's a 15 port limit, those 3 were excluded to stay within the limit:

Additional details here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/#macos-and-the-15-port-limit

I am doing the same setup, except the board is a -G "ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI)"

I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I boot the computer, it can't find the USB drive.
"Please select boot device:"

No devices are listed, even though the USB stick has been inserted. I have tried several USB slots.

I am doing the same setup, except the board is a -G "ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI)"

I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I boot the computer, it can't find the USB drive.
"Please select boot device:"

No devices are listed, even though the USB stick has been inserted. I have tried several USB slots.

Look at the 5th post to find out which USB ports are enabled, make sure you're in one that is.

Look at the 5th post to find out which USB ports are enabled, make sure you're in one that is.
That list of USB devices, I don't know where to find it. I have found USB SIngle Port Control in the BIOS setup, where it seems I can disable some of the ports. But it looks nothing like post #5.

There must be something wrong with that USB stick I created. It's a 32GB Transcend, which was empty (but I formatted it exactly as described, on my Mac). It works on my Mac, no problem.

I inserted a different USB stick, which I can select to boot from (but I don't think there is a boot sector on it at all though!).

So I must find a different USB stick, maybe a 16GB, and try to make a new one.

Any other ideas?

Back