Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

is this for opencore only? Will this work on the existing clover I have?

is this for opencore only? Will this work on the existing clover I have?

Last I heard Clover couldn't boot 10th gen CPUs, this thread is specific to OpenCore.

Updated to 10.15.7, no issues so far:

about.png

I tried installing opencore and when it boots into the USB it only shows the windows drive as an option to boot into. Anyone have any tips? Thanks!

I tried installing opencore and when it boots into the USB it only shows the windows drive as an option to boot into. Anyone have any tips? Thanks!
Okay so I got it to populate by removing opencanopy and replacing it with hfsi and changing the boot in config to reflect it, but now I get about half way and it stops. I also changed mine to iMac 20,1 since I'm running the 10700k. Also I'm using vega 56 only, no other gpu is plugged in. Anyone have any pointers?

This is the log its printing out when I get stuck now.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-09-28-093952.txt
    256 KB · Views: 55
I finally got everything up and running. Only thing I'm having issues with right now is usb 2 and apple TV. We're you able to get those working? My usb 2 keeps going and in and out.

I finally got everything up and running. Only thing I'm having issues with right now is usb 2 and apple TV. We're you able to get those working? My usb 2 keeps going and in and out.

Apple TV+ needs something like the Radeon RX 560, it won't work with iGPU only due to the DRM being used.

Haven't had any USB 2 issues myself. Keep in mind I have some ports disabled because of the 15 port limit. Read the first few posts of this thread.

Hello guys!

First of all thanks for all the info you gave @scope666, you rocks!

I'm a newbie at this... I can't boot opencore on my pc, it says something like "no schema for disabledLinkedJettison at 2 index, content <Quirks>:" and then it shows a hard disk logo where it says windows below and then start windows automatically.

Any thoughts?

Back