Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Yes ... I'm going to change it.

Hi, @PedroJSkywalker

So far there is only limited success in getting Intel wifi support in macOS. This is what I believe your ASUS motherboard has, in a CNVI slot.

This may change in the future - and some people are trying to bridge the gap, but it is still experimental stuff.

You might find it easier to change out your Intel wireless afapter for a Broadcom one that macOS recognises natively. Or you could just add a PCIe Broadcom wirelesss/BT combo card by a manufacturer like Fenvi, and disable the onboard Intel chip.

Last edited:
Hi,

So far there is only limited success in getting Intel wifi support in macOS. This is what I believe your ASUS motherboard has, in a CNVI slot.

This may change in the future - and some people are trying to bridge the gap, but it is still experimental stuff.

You might find it easier to change out your Intel wireless afapter for a Broadcom one that macOS recognises natively. Or you could just add a PCIe Broadcom wirelesss/BT combo card by a manufacturer like Fenvi, and disable the onboard Intel chip.

This is exactly how I'm doing it, I have mentioned it in the first post of this thread.

Hi there, I got a new problem for my hackintosh uses around 98% of my CPU. I have no clue what it is doing...
Except that my system freezes. Someone any clues about this problem?

OC is 0.5.9 and Catalina 10.15.6

[Edit:] Seems like i fixed it by letting it run for some hours... It seems to me, that mds used all the usable CPU. But now everything runs smoothly like before.

Last edited:
Going through open core troubleshoot, my install boot seems to be failing at GPU driver initialisation. With your config.plist, should I be changing something for my different GPU? Apologies for all the questions... Could use any help I can get it seems.

EDIT:

OK, I seem to get past that issue now by using the pikera arg, but now I just get hit with a wall of text

(com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.KeyRecoveryAssi.614) <Error>: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/*/*/* etc.

Finally after a couple minutes I get

apfs_module_stop:1730: unload: com.apple.filesystems.apfs (remaining mem allocated: 0)
ConsideRebuildofPrelinkedKernel com.apple.nke.webcontentfilter triggered rebuild
Forcing CS-RUNTIME for entitlement : com.apple.private.security.kext-management.

before just freezes, doesn't black screen just wont go any further.

My boot stops at the exact same address - 1730. How did you get past yours, and wasn't your issue a GPU issue?

Hello everyone, I already have wifi, bluetooh and system information shows the correct iMac model.
Everything is except the thorniest ...
From what is shown in the attached image scope666 I disable the first PCI Express x16 slot and in fact I have installed Catalina without problems despite the RTX 2080 being in the first slot and it is thanks to the EFI folder of scope666.
I'm right?
I say this because the fans of the RTX 2080 spin continuously and do not stop but in system information it does not appear therefore it is disabled.
How can I for the fans or rather Catalina totally forget about the RTX 2080?
The second PCI Express port I imagine is enabled so I can put the RX 5700 XT there without doing anything else to start Catalina.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-08-20 a las 22.56.23.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-20 a las 22.56.23.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-08-20 a las 23.05.19.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-20 a las 23.05.19.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 56
Hi there, may I know how you fixed DRM for iGPU?

The FULL fix for DRM (Apple TV+) only works with the RX 560 or similar cards with the boot argument I have in there. With iGPU lower levels work like Netflix, just not Apple TV+

Hi! Il trying to build my new hack with no success.
I use catalina 10.15.6 and oc 0.59 following the suggestions in THIS thread. Mac type set to 19.1 or 20.1 with no chance. Bootstrap end with THIS screen
Can someone help me?

Attachments

• C2011505-BADE-46DC-9E08-D912E7BFA9C6.jpeg
    C2011505-BADE-46DC-9E08-D912E7BFA9C6.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
  • D07FB1ED-1B88-449D-B0A7-F6EC566C9E70.jpeg
    D07FB1ED-1B88-449D-B0A7-F6EC566C9E70.jpeg
    936.1 KB · Views: 42
Back