Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hello guys, I'm building a new build with ASUS Z490 Pro Art 10G...

Have you already a working Hackintosh with the z490 ProArt?
I have the same Board but i'm stuck at the end of macOS installation

Coming so far, now I'm stuck at mounting my EFI from OSX.
Do I have to do anything different than before? (eg. MountEFI-> select disc)

Because it will not mont?
[Edit:] Got it. It was already mounted but i thought it would be like a disk on the workspace, but it was just under locations.

Thank you all for your help. Now I have to make my graphics card work and i have to map my USB-Ports.

There's some GREAT info here to help with both of those items:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/

Pretty sure he has a working config for the 5700XT here:

https://github.com/xiaovie/-Hackintosh-i7-10700k-ROG-STRIX-Z490-A-GAMING-RX-590.zip/releases

also: https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#native-amd-gpus

"Note: Most Navi cards currently require the boot argument agdpmod=pikera to get proper display out, also keep in mind DisplayPort can be a hit or miss as WhateverGreen needs to be adapted. See here for more info: RX5700XT: No dual monitor with WEG "

Last edited:
I just followed your new EFI with the patched WEG & Lilu, HDMI works now, however both DP&HDMI aren't able to drive my DELL P2415Q at 4k (only at 1440p), if I revert WEG & Lilu to pre-released version then 4K is back but HDMI is gone. I don't particularly need HDMI at the moment so I'm sticking with your old EFI...

btw, anyone has got Sidecar working? It's always showing a black screen for me.

Can also use current EFI and just replace WEG & Lilu with latest "stable" versions that don't have the HDMI fix.

I only have an iPad Air 2 which isn't supported. From what I've read you have to have the iGPU enabled even if you're using dGPU as Sidecar uses the iGPU for the h.265 acceleration required.

require the boot argument agdpmod=pikera

Can you please help me where to enter this in plist? I have no such register. Or do I have to build the kext from beginning? Some USB-Ports have been activated after realising, that USB-All was not active yet. Have to check which are working correctly.

(I don't think, that any of you can help me with my Adobe Lightroom 6 problem. It instantaneously crashes when I try to open it. The problem is that the installationprogramm is 32bits, therefore i can't reinstall on catalina...)

But thanks so far for all your support!

Boot args go inside the config.plist in your OC folder:

1595371550152.png

You can probably remove the two I have (they are for fixing DRM with my Radeon card) and add the new one in its place.

Thank you very much Scope! All of my three displayport Displays are running smoothly on 144Hz!
Now I'm waiting for the kext for onboard Bluetooth and Wifi.

I'm so glad that it works!

[Update]: Update to Catalina 10.15.6 worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Updated first post with new OpenCore 0.6.0 that came out today. Also the same team released all new kexts, those are also included. I'm keeping the original EFI.zip there (0.5.9) for now just in case there are problems that I'm not aware of yet.

Last edited:
hello melkor i have de same computer and dont work...sorry for my english ....i want your efi files ...pleaseeeeee

dont work . someone have the rog strix z490e gaming bios setup...thank. i need helppp

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 18.28.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 18.28.04.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 79
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 18.49.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 18.49.17.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 53
Back