Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Take a look here, they have a lot of specific areas that you can get stuck listed and solutions for them:

Also another repository:

https://github.com/jergoo/Hackintosh-ROG-STRIX-Z490I (very clearly documented)

Also perhaps because of your different cpu, I'd look into Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask

EDIT:
Found this, perhaps my Emulate section needs to come out, might be messing you up:

Emulate: Needed for spoofing unsupported CPUs, thankfully in 10.15.5 Comet Lake S support was added so no need to spoof here. For those running High Sierra or Mojave, you will need the below to spoof to a supported CPU model(due to stability issues, this guide will not go over such CPUID spoofs)

With the Emulate, are you referring to just removing the data you had input under CPUID1Data and Mask? Or is there something else I need to do? I seem to get the furthest out of all of the EFI's available from other builds but still getting the Unsupported CPU and Unsupported PCH error after 'DSMOS has arrived'.

Going through open core troubleshoot, my install boot seems to be failing at GPU driver initialisation. With your config.plist, should I be changing something for my different GPU? Apologies for all the questions... Could use any help I can get it seems.

EDIT:

OK, I seem to get past that issue now by using the pikera arg, but now I just get hit with a wall of text

(com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.KeyRecoveryAssi.614) <Error>: Failed to bootstrap path: path = /System/Library/*/*/* etc.

Finally after a couple minutes I get

apfs_module_stop:1730: unload: com.apple.filesystems.apfs (remaining mem allocated: 0)
ConsideRebuildofPrelinkedKernel com.apple.nke.webcontentfilter triggered rebuild
Forcing CS-RUNTIME for entitlement : com.apple.private.security.kext-management.

before just freezes, doesn't black screen just wont go any further.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

So I've managed to get through and get it installed. Of course there are new issues.

- I have no Internet. Ethernet wont connect. Can't seem to install any kexts either to make it work. Hackintool tells me unallowed kexts even though i disabled gatekeeper.

- second display doesn't work. Dunno why, whatevergreen should be fixed. Both are running of display ports.

Any ideas guys?

EDIT

Fixed the kext installation issue, fixed the dual monitor issue, got audio and USB port mapping done, still can't get the Ethernet port to work, its recognizing connection on the MB (getting lights) but no options for it under OSX. I tried the IntelMausiEthernet.kext but didn't do anything. Please help! I am so close!

Last edited:
USBInjectAll does not support Z490, so USB2.0 is not injected, you need to use USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_FixUSB2.0-z490.kext to inject USB2.0, so that your Bluetooth device can be used normally

This works normally on Z490-A GAMING,Z490-H,Z490-F, open Hackintool, check the USB option, the device ID is: 0x06ED, if they are consistent, you can use this file

Hi @xiaoviejiang

I have an Asus Tuf Gaming GB460-Plus board.
The USB controller Device ID is A3Af
I get all the USB 2.0 working BUT NO USB 3.0 works.
Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Hi: in the Boot-argu your alcid=1, in the DeviceProperties your Layout-id number 7, which one is correct? and also now the 10th CPU don't need to mask ID.

Hi: in the Boot-argu your alcid=1, in the DeviceProperties your Layout-id number 7, which one is correct? and also now the 10th CPU don't need to mask ID.

Correct, I'm due for another updated EFI.zip. The boot-arg should come out. Also as of 10.5.5 the cpu mask can be removed.

EDIT: Updated first post with new EFI.zip with the items you mentioned fixed. :)

Last edited:
I am also looking to buy the Asus Z490 (specifically the z490-A) & I noticed this from OC updates page:

"there is quite an amount of issues in Z490 firmwares. For example, on the ASUS board we had Multi-Monitor functionality was broken, XMP made the system unbootable, and XHCI SSDT violated ACPI specification at its best. Even so, while we strongly recommend not to rush trying the new platform" does anyone know if it applies to all Asus z490 MB's? Was eyeing the z490-A but need for sure multi-monitor support.

So wondering if with a single Radeon RX580 I would be able to run dual monitors (1x4k 43" Dell P4317Q + a standard LG)

I see they have a new BIOS for the z490-A released: Version 0607, 2020/06/11 so not sure if that would fix these issues they reported.

@scope666 did you ever maybe test to run dual monitors from the RX560 maybe?

btw: this is not for gaming

I am also looking to buy the Asus Z490 (specifically the z490-A) & I noticed this from OC updates page:

"there is quite an amount of issues in Z490 firmwares. For example, on the ASUS board we had Multi-Monitor functionality was broken, XMP made the system unbootable, and XHCI SSDT violated ACPI specification at its best. Even so, while we strongly recommend not to rush trying the new platform" does anyone know if it applies to all Asus z490 MB's? Was eyeing the z490-A but need for sure multi-monitor support.

So wondering if with a single Radeon RX580 I would be able to run dual monitors (1x4k 43" Dell P4317Q + a standard LG)

I see they have a new BIOS for the z490-A released: Version 0607, 2020/06/11 so not sure if that would fix these issues they reported.

@scope666 did you ever maybe test to run dual monitors from the RX560 maybe?

btw: this is not for gaming

I am running two monitors, one is even 1440p at 144Hz and it works perfectly. The only thing you can't do is dual monitors with the iGPU, since the HDMI port is dead. This is common on more than just the Z490 right now.

New BIOS update added the missing iGPU settings we needed.

Also no issues at all with XMP 2, I'm running at 3200 MHz

I am running two monitors, one is even 1440p at 144Hz and it works perfectly. The only thing you can't do is dual monitors with the iGPU, since the HDMI port is dead. This is common on more than just the Z490 right now.

New BIOS update added the missing iGPU settings we needed.

Also no issues at all with XMP 2, I'm running at 3200 MHz

I think you should precise that the HDMI works with an active DisplayPort - HDMI adaptor ;). Of course, if the MOBO has a DisplayPort output.
Maybe I found an adaptor which supports 1440p@144Hz (instead of 60Hz).

I think you should precise that the HDMI works with an active DisplayPort - HDMI adaptor ;). Of course, if the MOBO has a DisplayPort output.
Maybe I found an adaptor which supports 1440p@144Hz (instead of 60Hz).

I don't want to confuse anyone. As far as a SIGNAL goes it's only coming out of the DisplayPort. You can definitely convert that to HDMI if you like. :) (this is specific to iGPU, with RX 560 all the outputs work)

Back