Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hey mate, I've got the ROG Maximus XII Hero here, do you think I'd be able to use your EFI?

Done a few Hackintoshes but haven't really played around with DSDTs etc since my Rampage IV Extreme lol.

Just try it?

Hey mate, I've got the ROG Maximus XII Hero here, do you think I'd be able to use your EFI?

Done a few Hackintoshes but haven't really played around with DSDTs etc since my Rampage IV Extreme lol.

I'd think you have a good chance, I came close to buying that instead (I own the Hero VI and Hero IX) but it was missing the DisplayPort output that the Strix has. They should be very similar.

Thanks guys, I will try it and get back with results.

Hi Hemon,
ASUS Z490-E + i9-10900K can fully work with Mojave ?

Hey guys, just had a crack using Scopes EFI, getting a hangup at the following running in verbose, anybody able to shed any light? Perhaps a graphics issue? see screenshots.

Bit more information I am running the Asus Hero XII Wifi Motherboard with a i7 10700 and Radeon 5700XT.

I've set BIOS as you had shown in the earlier post, with the exception of Execute Disable Bit? Can't seem to find that anywhere in the BIOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200625_201918.jpg
    20200625_201918.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20200625_201805.jpg
    20200625_201805.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 109
Hey guys, just had a crack using Scopes EFI, getting a hangup at the following running in verbose, anybody able to shed any light? Perhaps a graphics issue? see screenshots.

Bit more information I am running the Asus Hero XII Wifi Motherboard with a i7 10700 and Radeon 5700XT.

I've set BIOS as you had shown in the earlier post, with the exception of Execute Disable Bit? Can't seem to find that anywhere in the BIOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe try this EFI instead, that GPU is a bit different from my understanding:

(he mentions 5700XT)

Maybe try this EFI instead, that GPU is a bit different from my understanding:

(he mentions 5700XT)

No luck there mate, has more issues I'd say, CPU unrecognised and hangs up on please switch to xpc or bootstrap_check_in()

Take a look here, they have a lot of specific areas that you can get stuck listed and solutions for them:

Also another repository:

https://github.com/jergoo/Hackintosh-ROG-STRIX-Z490I (very clearly documented)

Also perhaps because of your different cpu, I'd look into Cpuid1Data and Cpuid1Mask

EDIT:
Found this, perhaps my Emulate section needs to come out, might be messing you up:

Emulate: Needed for spoofing unsupported CPUs, thankfully in 10.15.5 Comet Lake S support was added so no need to spoof here. For those running High Sierra or Mojave, you will need the below to spoof to a supported CPU model(due to stability issues, this guide will not go over such CPUID spoofs)

Last edited:
Thank you very much mate, will have a play around today and let you know how I go.

Back