Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I had two freeze and the reset from the case was not working. Any idea?
I also have a Asus Z490-I and sometimes my Catalina 10.5.5 build freezes too. But the thing is, it also happens on Windows 10. It's random and does not have anything to do with the load. Have you tried on Windows 10? Right now I'm focusing on this problem rather than my hack.

I've had one freeze since I built this box, it was in Windows 10 ... strange.

I also have a Asus Z490-I and sometimes my Catalina 10.5.5 build freezes too. But the thing is, it also happens on Windows 10. It's random and does not have anything to do with the load. Have you tried on Windows 10? Right now I'm focusing on this problem rather than my hack.

when you say freez, you mean it gets frozen for a few seconds?
Mine kind of stutters. Im not sure if its because of the mouse signal gettig lost or something else

when you say freez, you mean it gets frozen for a few seconds?
Mine kind of stutters. Im not sure if its because of the mouse signal gettig lost or something else
It gets frozen and stays like that until I force to restart. Could be related to ram but I'm not sure.

On Windows 10 I had never a freeze. Today I had on macOS also no freeze. The first freeze was as I changed on the active system the cable from the display port to hdmi for testing, the second as I disabled and the reenabled the wifi.

Hello guys, I'm building a new build with ASUS Z490 Pro Art 10G and I'm facing so far few problems
  • MSR Register is locked.
    • Unlocked thanks to CFGUnlock.efi tool with OC
  • USB are wonky at best, I will try the new USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490-p.kext and see how it goes.
  • I have that log on boot regarding RHUB which is supposed to be fixed by using SSDT-RHUB but even using it I'm getting the same log.
  • My 2.5 Ethernet is not working even with FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in EFI folder, device ID is different for the Pro Art, so I have changed accordingly but no joy so far.
Can anyone confirm if their Ethernet device-id is also f3150000, and is working??

Guys, pls, I need all bios settings for Asus rog strix Z490-E gaming because I can't boot USB installer. It freezes on Apple logo. I set up setting from this topic but didn't work. No boot to go forward with installation.
Need help pls, thanks!

Hello guys, I'm building a new build with ASUS Z490 Pro Art 10G and I'm facing so far few problems
  • MSR Register is locked.
    • Unlocked thanks to CFGUnlock.efi tool with OC
  • USB are wonky at best, I will try the new USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490-p.kext and see how it goes.
  • I have that log on boot regarding RHUB which is supposed to be fixed by using SSDT-RHUB but even using it I'm getting the same log.
  • My 2.5 Ethernet is not working even with FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in EFI folder, device ID is different for the Pro Art, so I have changed accordingly but no joy so far.
Can anyone confirm if their Ethernet device-id is also f3150000, and is working??

On my Strix Z490-E it displays like this on the Win 10 side:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15F3&CC_0200

Mac view: @dolgarrenan

1592666205503.png

1592666699717.png

1592666842496.png

It gets confusing when you have to reverse the byte order. The FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext works in the sense that it gets an IP and I can surf with it, but I "feel" like it drops packets. I mainly use the Wi-Fi when I'm booted on the Mac side. Hopefully we'll have a proper driver for the I225 soon. In the screen shots you can see it loading the AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext, which is probably why I feel like it's dropping packets, we need a proper driver.

Also, make sure you do a proper USB map as soon as you can. There's one included in my EFI but I'm not sure if the USB layout is different for your board. To do discovery disable my kext and enable the USBInjectAll one (and the corresponding port limit quirk). I haven't tested the 0.7.5_z490 version yet but I would expect it will work better than the "normal" one. https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/

Last edited:
Guys, pls, I need all bios settings for Asus rog strix Z490-E gaming because I can't boot USB installer. It freezes on Apple logo. I set up setting from this topic but didn't work. No boot to go forward with installation.
Need help pls, thanks!

Try another MOBO (!) USB port!

I had the same problem but I used the keyboard's USB port.

Back