Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Thank you for this.

Is this EFI for the iGPU? Should I connect the iGPU via HDMI or DisplayPort?

It should work with iGPU only via DisplayPort. HDMI never worked for me.

It should work with iGPU only via DisplayPort. HDMI never worked for me.

I received again a stop signal.

How can I start in verbose mode? What should I change in the config.pflist?
I just can modify the file with windows since I don't have macOS anymore. I'm trying your EFI with the Catalina installation.

This is the error that I receive with your last EFI:

1.jpg

This is the error that I receive with your last EFI:

Take a look here, make sure you have all your BIOS settings correct:

Disable:

• Fast Boot
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection). (Already disabled in Asus BIOS)
  • CSM - Compatibility Support Module
Enable:

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB

Take a look here, make sure you have all your BIOS settings correct:

Disable:

• Fast Boot
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection). (Already disabled in Asus BIOS)
  • CSM - Compatibility Support Module
Enable:

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB

It works, thank you very much for the effort!

The problem was that I used the USB port of my keyboard instead of that of the motherboard :banghead:.

For now the system seems to be stable, iMessage and FaceTime work too!

Can you tell me how to activate the SIP? I set csr-active-config to 00000000 (type: DATA) but it doesn't work. Do I need a NVRAM reset? If it is so, how to do that?

Is there a solution for the HDMI and front panel (case) Audio? But very important for me is the iGPU working via HDMI, is there a solution for that too?

(if the system stays stable and I will not change to windows I would like to support you with a spend via PayPal, if you want, as a form of recognition for your effort and time, just send me a pn with your e-mail)

Last edited:
Yeah, you might need an NVRAM reset, under MISC --> SECURITY:

Code:
<key>AllowNvramReset</key>
<true/>

This should create a new entry in the OpenCore loader.

For Audio try some of the other layout-id's (alcid=1) in your boot argument (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 27, 28, 29, 34)
Maybe try 7 or 11 first, thought I saw that listed somewhere. I use an external so haven't really tested onboard much.

Please let me know if you find one that works and I'll update the first post and EFI.

For HDMI the only thing I can think of is a DP to HDMI adaptor, I've seen a ton of posts lately about HDMI refusing to work on recent versions of Catalina. The onboard DP works perfectly for me with the iGPU but I've never had it work for HDMI.

Code:
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
            <dict>
                <key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
                <data>Rg==</data>
                <key>boot-args</key>
                <string>alcid=1 shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94</string>
                <key>csr-active-config</key>
                <data>5wMAAA==</data>
                <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
                <string>en-US:0</string>
            </dict>

Note: shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 is something I found that makes AppleTV+ DRM work with my Radeon RX 560 card, you can probably ignore for now.

1592229637057.png

Last edited:
Delete usbinjectall.kext, then use USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_FixUSB2.0-z490.kext , after that,you can see USB2.0 HUB in hackintool, now you can complete the USB port customization, if found, delete the RGB controller, if you use Broadcom WIFI network card, connect the Bluetooth device to the motherboard USB2.0, then You can find the Bluetooth device, this time Bluetooth can work.

If you use two graphics cards on the motherboard, GTX1070 and other AMD graphics cards, you need to disable GTX1070, because the 10.15 system will not support Nvidia graphics cards, if you do not disable Nvidia graphics cards, PC boot speed becomes slower

Just so you know I already have my 2080 Ti disabled in the config.plist via Device Properties:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>IOName</key>
                <string>#display</string>
                <key>class-code</key>
                <data>/////w==</data>
                <key>name</key>
                <data>I2Rpc3BsYXk=</data>
            </dict>

Nice find on the USBInjectAll, my USB header works, but only because I created a custom USB map, which is also in the .zip.

In order to make the NVRAM Reset to work you need to disable "HideAuxiliary" – in your EFI it is active, so I was not able to select it. Now, after the NVRAM Reset the SIP is active.

Or you can leave it checked and press space bar to show those entries, makes for a cleaner looking boot menu. :)

Just a small thing: when I start the system the boot menu is automatically selected on a windows partition and not anymore on macOS. How can I select the autostart for the macOS (instead of Windows)?

Control + Enter key on an entry sets it as the default. ;)

You can also use the official tools of Startup Disk in macOS on the Mac side and Bootcamp Control Panel in Windows to set the default, a very sweet thing about OpenCore.

1592319720885.png

Last edited:
Thank you scope666!

I will try to use the new USB kext and to disable the eGTX later.

But for now the good news: I bought an active DV-HDMI adaptor and the HDMI Port over the iGPU works :clap: – at 60Hz, so not anymore at 144Hz BUT it works!

Back