Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hi @scope666 - I’ve managed to install and boot up my hackintosh thanks to your EFI. Thought I must say that its a mix of my config and yours. Had to build tje SSDT thru SSDTTime. Then used your config.plist as well as some of your ACPI and Kext.

Its not 100% but its a start. For one thing my ethernet isn’t working.This is looking like a really good Hobby now.

thanks agan

Can you share your EFI, please? For the moment I want to stay with windows, but if macOS really works I would change.

How can I boot in verbose mode? I never used OpenCore and I don't have idea where to start.

You can't find CFG Lock in the BIOS because the Asus Z490 motherboards are factory unlocked.
The AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock quirks are not necessary. @scope666

Last edited:
Can you share your EFI, please? For the moment I want to stay with windows, but if macOS really works I would change.

How can I boot in verbose mode? I never used OpenCore and I don't have idea where to start.

Hello you may need to read most of the opencore documentation as it goes thru step by step but it doesnt guarantee success.

i am ok to share my EFI but its basically a very work in progress. And besides I have the Asus z490-I.

what i noticed also, hence my reluctance to share my EFI, is that my dGPU’s fan stops running once OSX boots up. Still looking for a solution.

You can't find CFG Lock in the bios because the Asus Z490 motherboards are factory unlocked.

Thanks for this, will test and if it boots ok without I'll remove and re-upload the EFI zip here.

I know it because I already done that and had motherboards way before Z490 release here for previews.

I know it because I already done that and had motherboards way before Z490 release here for previews.

Awesome, that's exactly why I created this thread. I knew other Asus Z490 users would test and find things that could be improved... like this! :)

You can't find CFG Lock in the bios because the Asus Z490 motherboards are factory unlocked.

Updated first post with new EFI.zip with these two removed. Thanks!

Updated first post with new EFI.zip with these two removed. Thanks!

Thank you for this.

Is this EFI for the iGPU? Should I connect the iGPU via HDMI or DisplayPort?

Back