Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Check out this thread, that board is very similar. Looks like USB mapping is the most common culprit. Your map has to be on point, can't be using XHPI Port Limit patch, etc.

Check out this thread, that board is very similar. Looks like USB mapping is the most common culprit. Your map has to be on point, can't be using XHPI Port Limit patch, etc.

Don't know, I just use your EFI. So there is at the moment no solution?!

Update 1:

It "could be" that I solved the problem trying to eliminate this from the config file:

FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext

I also reduced the USB port in the bios.

For now, the system is stable since 30-40 minutes. Before I had freeze or reboot after 5 minutes.

I will update this.

Last edited:
Update 1:

It "could be" that I solved the problem trying to eliminate this from the config file:

FakePCIID.kext

For now, the system is stable since 30-40 minutes. Before I had freeze or reboot after 5 minutes.

I will update this.
Awesome, remove the FakePCIID* kext helped fix my problem.

thank you for sharing.

Update 2:

Great news!

It seems indeed to be stable without the FakePCIID* kext.

I insert again the iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext and I activated all the USB Ports, everything is fine for now.

AND: I now have the Apple Audio Adapter USB-C working! :thumbup:

Nice job! Would you mind sharing your efi please? Ive been futsing with mine all day and not getting anywhere :banghead:

It is actually the EFI of master @scope666 HERE.

I made the fault to use the FakePCIID* kext for the HDMI Audio since these kexts are not present in that EFI.

The HDMI Audio doesn't work anymore but this is not a problem at all then I can use the Apple USB-C Audio Adapter with which I have also full volume control!

Update 1:

FakePCIID.kext

I will update this.

I have iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext disabled by default. It's only there if you want to edit / make your own map.

Once you've completed your map you shouldn't be loading it.

I have iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext disabled by default. It's only there if you want to edit / make your own map.

Once you've completed your map you shouldn't be loading it.

I thought it was enabled, my fault!

Back