I wanted to post my config if it helps anyone else. (full EFI folder attached)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU: Intel 10900K
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 560 + EVGA RTX 3080 Ti (disabled in config.plist
Wi-Fi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac 1750Mbps Desktop PCi-E WiFi Adapter. (Handoff / Continuity working)
Storage: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe
Case: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 500D RGB SE Mid-Tower Case
PSU: CORSAIR AX750
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
About the only thing not working is Apple TV+ DRM content
(fixed), but Netflix / Prime / Apple trailers work fine. The DisplayPort and HDMI outputs on the motherboard work with acceleration via the IGPU,
but as of yet the HDMI does not
This is why I added the Radeon RX 560 as I have two monitors
. If you have single or dual monitors you can probably just use the iGPU without the Radeon GPU. The same EFI will work with either iGPU or an RX 560 (or similar). If you have a CORSAIR Command Pro like this case comes with, THIS
workaround for Catalina or THIS
kext for Big Sur will solve it being detected as a UPS.
View attachment 527284
View attachment 473938
View attachment 508337
View attachment 516484
View attachment 516485
Video of case:
What's left to fix:
iGPU HDMI, this is a bigger problem than just Z490 from what I've been reading
, Wake from sleep via keyboard or Wake on Lan (I have to press the power button, at least it STAYS asleep which is nice).
A better driver for the Ethernet I-225V (for me it seems to drop packets although internet tests don't confirm, others say it's fine)
. Fixed by changing "Configure" to "Manual" under Ethernet -> Hardware advanced settings and specifying Speed and Duplex.
Slow Wi-Fi after sleep: Resolved by unchecking "Wake for network access" in System Preferences > Energy Saver
Other than that everything works and it's ROCK solid!
Note: Use OpenCore Configurator to generate UUID, MLB and Serial number. I enter my real MAC address in the ROM field, these are all important to get iMessage / FaceTime working. If you're using a supported DGPU in the main (upper) PCI-E slot, you'll have to remove the "blocker" I have in the EFI.
EDIT 06.14.2020 - Cleaned up ACPI, added front USB C port (only working at 2.0 speeds, not sure why yet)
EDIT 06.20.2020 - Clean up kexts, fix on-board audio (thanks hemon!), fix intel hdmi audio, included better USBInjectAll kext, not enabled by default, but can be should you want to do your own USB map
EDIT 07.01.2020 - Removed ALCID from boot-args now that audio is fixed, remove CPU mask spoof as no longer needed as of 10.5.5
EDIT 07.18.2020 - Fixed HDMI black screen, both monitors now working with iGPU. For now I have removed the Radeon card so my RTX 2080 Ti can run at PCIE x16 in Windows.
View attachment 480884
- Added EFI-0.6.0.zip
containing OpenCore 0.6.0 that was released today, along with all of the updated kexts that the same team also put out today. I added all of the new 0.6.0 keys and ran it through the online validator
. Going to keep the original EFI.zip (version 0.5.9) attached here for now incase 0.6.0 introduces any problems that I'm not aware of.
- Added EFI 0.6.1.zip containing OpenCore 0.6.1 along with all the updated kexts that came with it. This version requires you to be on 10.5.6 Supplemental Update, 19G2021 or later. It has the iMac 20,2 system definition for the 10900K CPU. Removed the slow front USB C and enabled the rear at full 10 Gbps speed. I had to generate all new serial, MLB, UUID, etc. for iServices to work.
- Added EFI 0.6.3.zip. This build has an improved USB map, shown in post 5 below. (enabled the 3 black 2.0 ports above BIOS port) It's also reported to support Big Sur with little to no modification
. Removed 0.5.9 since newer builds have many improvements / fixes.
- Added EFI 0.6.4.zip including all the latest kexts. As usual I ran it through the validator here
. Removed EFI 0.6.0 because of age.
- Added EFI 0.6.5.zip including all the latest kexts. As usual I ran it through the validator here
. Removed EFI 0.6.1 because of age.
- Added EFI 0.6.6.zip including all the latest kexts, As usual I ran it through the validator here
. Removed EFI 0.6.3 because of age.
- Added EFI 0.6.7.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.4 because of age. (Validator wasn't updated this month for 0.6.7)
- Added EFI 0.6.8.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.5 because of age. Tested and passes validator built into OpenCore Configurator. I've been running this personally with Big Sur and it's running great.
- Added EFI 0.6.9.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.6 because of age. Tested and passes validator built into OpenCore Configurator.
- Added EFI 0.7.0 1.1.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.7 because of age. Tested and passes using OCValidate.
- Added EFI 0.7.1.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.8 because of age. Tested and passes using OCValidate.
- Added EFI 0.7.2.zip including all the latest kexts. Removed EFI 0.6.9 because of age. Tested and passes using OCValidate.
- I have a build of 0.7.3 HERE
, awaiting validation from others before posting here.
5700 XT and similar see here
for the changes needed.
Special thanks to xiaovie (mcvie on here)
who gave me a lot of pointers early on and helped get me up and running. If you don't have the Broadcom WiFi/BT card I have, he has kexts for the onboard module here: https://github.com/xiaovie/-Hackintosh-i7-10700k-ROG-STRIX-Z490-A-GAMING-RX-590.zip/releases