Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
To get rid of verbose remove the -v from the NVRAM - Boot Args line. For HDMI audio just enable the 2 FakePCIID kexts (they're already in the zip). For Ethernet make sure you don't have the connection set on auto, hard set it to 1000 Gbps or whatever your switch supports. (see 1st post of this thread)

Not sure on HDMI - IGPU missing ... @dreamwhite ?

HDMI audio enabling that kexts AND setting the device-id=709D0000 (otherwise it works over DP without this).

iGPU HDMI works using the old lines.

Internet works well now, I think it was somehow just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HDMI audio enabling that kexts AND setting the device-id=709D0000 (otherwise it works over DP without this).

Intel UHD 630 would be better......

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5370
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Okay about the audio.
Regarding the iGPU HDMI video output, can I ask you to unplug/replug the HDMI cable with the alldata patch? If it doesn't work, can you test those config.plist files I'm tweaking? I'm attaching just the relevant graphics patch, so just copy over your config.plist and test it.

The first config, graphics_patch_no_fbmem_device_id.plist, contains the initial iGPU patch @scope666 used, without framebuffer-fbmem (since the BIOS should be already configured with iGPU Multi Monitor enabled, RC6 Standby turned off (side note, forceRenderStandby=0 boot-arg has the same effect), DVMT Pre-allocated to 128MB) and device-id deleted, since it's required for old versions of Catalina (iirc, 10.15.4 is the first release that announced the support for Comet Lake iGPUs. In any case it's still better having the latest available release of your major OS.

The second one instead, is the reduced patch using alldata property for each connector.
Please let me know if both of them works with iGPU patches and if it's necessary to add igfxonln=1 boot argument (force-online device property) to force online status on all displays, if you get black screen BUT you can wake it after unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable on your motherboard.

Overall, I don't think that you need a custom pipe number, neither a custom index number. Just leave the default ones, as well as the flags.

Attachments

• graphics_patch_no_fbmem_device_id.plist
    1.6 KB · Views: 13
  • graphics_patch_alldata.plist
    902 bytes · Views: 11
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's the latest and greatest 0.7.2. This one has working HDMI audio WITHOUT using FakePCIID. For me the HDMI monitor has to be connected while booting for the HDMI audio device to show up. HDMI video is also working.

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.2 1.3.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 23
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Here's the latest and greatest 0.7.2. This one has working HDMI audio WITHOUT using FakePCIID. For me the HDMI monitor has to be connected while booting for the HDMI audio device to show up. HDMI video is also working.

As always: thank you very much!

BUT HDMI Audio doesn't work to me ;).

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As always: thank you very much!

BUT HDMI Audio doesn't work to me ;).

Weird, it's working for me as long as I have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. Are you using an adaptor or is it straight HDMI to HDMI?

Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Weird, it's working for me as long as I have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. Are you using an adaptor or is it straight HDMI to HDMI?

I also have the HDMI monitor connected while it's booting. I use no adaptors, just HDMI to HDMI.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
Intel i9 10900K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello scope666, in the meantime I congratulate and thank you for the work done.
It is really important and fantastic.

Coincidentally I found that you and I have almost the same hardware configuration. I tried to use your last attached EFI (EFI 0.7.2 1.3) but in boot it doesn't find the OS, it only detects WINDOWS.

The pen is set as indicated in the Dortania guide, the OS I got it through Python that downloads the latest version.

Would you have any suggestions? I'm sure it's nonsense that escapes me.

PS: the only change I made to the Config.plist file is to set the AAPL, ig-platform-id with the value 0300C89B for the device:
PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x2,0x0)
For using my dGPU
As written in Dortania's guide.

Thanks