i5 6200U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I updated my hardware in profile, I bought based on your guide :)
I have the same board as you, but couldn't find your CPU in stock so I bought 10850k
And couldn't find your GPU in stock, only 5600XT and 5500XT in stock
I bought Gigabyte Gaming OC 5500XT 8 GB (cannot find this in forum's profile)
64 GB of RAM, DarkZ 3600
Kraken X53 Cooler and Samsung 980 NVME x2
I built this yesterday and now learning about OpenCore

Will check your link, thanks :)

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I updated my hardware in profile, I bought based on your guide :)
I have the same board as you, but couldn't find your CPU in stock so I bought 10850k
And couldn't find your GPU in stock, only 5600XT and 5500XT in stock
I bought Gigabyte Gaming OC 5500XT 8 GB (cannot find this in forum's profile)
64 GB of RAM, DarkZ 3600
Kraken X53 Cooler and Samsung 980 NVME x2
I built this yesterday and now learning about OpenCore

Will check your link, thanks :)

For running the install, I'd run with the iGPU (DP port on motherboard, not the port on the GPU)

Also I believe that series of cards needs a boot arg, agdpmod=pikera

See HERE

Also here: https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#navi-10-series

Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 300 (Clover)
CPU
i5 6200U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you!
It is working now, installing.. used the latest 6.9 folder you posted above + agdpmod=pikera
image0.jpg

Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 300 (Clover)
CPU
i5 6200U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello again, good morning!

I'm very happy with this build so far, easiest hackintosh I have done thanks to your guide.. I'm glad I bought my hardware based on your guide :)

Couple little issues so far, Wifi shows the icon but doesn't show any available networks and BT doesn't work. I think about buying your PCIe Fenvi card you have, it is gonna take 2--3 weeks to arrive as we have holidays now in Dubai UAE
Or can I get the existing Wifi/BT to work for Airdrop? what do you think ?

The other issue is CPU temperature, it pushes itself somehow to 210 Watts and 4.9 GHz at all cores.. it gets to 85 degrees C with my 240 MM AIO (I changed Asus enhancement in bios to remove all limitations)
This doesn't happen in windows, all cores stay at 4.8 GHz @ 170 Watts or so and temperatures are below 75 degrees(same bios settings). Is there something I could do to avoid this? I'm thinking about undervolting the CPU

Best,
Muhammed

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello again, good morning!

I'm very happy with this build so far, easiest hackintosh I have done thanks to your guide.. I'm glad I bought my hardware based on your guide :)

Couple little issues so far, Wifi shows the icon but doesn't show any available networks and BT doesn't work. I think about buying your PCIe Fenvi card you have, it is gonna take 2--3 weeks to arrive as we have holidays now in Dubai UAE
Or can I get the existing Wifi/BT to work for Airdrop? what do you think ?

The other issue is CPU temperature, it pushes itself somehow to 210 Watts and 4.9 GHz at all cores.. it gets to 85 degrees C with my 240 MM AIO (I changed Asus enhancement in bios to remove all limitations)
This doesn't happen in windows, all cores stay at 4.8 GHz @ 170 Watts or so and temperatures are below 75 degrees(same bios settings). Is there something I could do to avoid this? I'm thinking about undervolting the CPU

Best,
Muhammed

For the WiFi/BT, take a look here: https://github.com/xiaovie/Hackintosh-ROG-Z490-series-motherboard-OpenCore

He has the closest hardware to my build and has drivers for the built-in WiFi/BT. When I built this machine, I already had my PCIE card so I just used it again (knowing it's natively supported) As far as Handoff / Continuity with the built-in, I'm not sure how much of it works, perhaps someone else can chime in.

For power, with my EFI / settings, I'm getting native power management, my CPU auto scales down in frequency when it's not under heavy load. Take a look here for some additional things to try: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#enabling-x86platformplugin

Also, don't forget to generate a good serial, UUID, MLB, ROM, etc so iCloud / iMessage will work.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
UHD 630 and ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS