CPU
Intel i3-6100
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I just installed BigSur 11.2.3 using the latest EFI 0.6.8 available, and I can't finish leaving the installation fine. Let's see if someone else is like me.

I have an Asus Z490E-Gaming with an i9-10850k, using the integrated graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to a 4K TV LG 49", and here my first problem begins. I can't get the refresh rate up to more than 30 hz, which is quite "uncomfortable". I have tried all the resolutions, and none of them allows me to change the refresh rate up to more than 30.

I have connected it to a 1080p monitor via HDMI, and in this one it shows me at 60 hertz.

On the other hand, when I put the pc to sleep, when I woke up it did not detect the screen. I have to unplug the HDMI from the board and reconnect to get video signal again.

Also, like hemon, amazon prime and netflix don't play on safari.

I have to test that this also happens with EFI 0.6.7 to verify that it is not the latest version.

Thanks in advice!!

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus B550 Rog Strix Gaming i
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone, I just installed BigSur 11.2.3 using the latest EFI 0.6.8 available, and I can't finish leaving the installation fine. Let's see if someone else is like me.

I have an Asus Z490E-Gaming with an i9-10850k, using the integrated graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to a 4K TV LG 49", and here my first problem begins. I can't get the refresh rate up to more than 30 hz, which is quite "uncomfortable". I have tried all the resolutions, and none of them allows me to change the refresh rate up to more than 30.

I have connected it to a 1080p monitor via HDMI, and in this one it shows me at 60 hertz.

On the other hand, when I put the pc to sleep, when I woke up it did not detect the screen. I have to unplug the HDMI from the board and reconnect to get video signal again.

Also, like hemon, amazon prime and netflix don't play on safari.

I have to test that this also happens with EFI 0.6.7 to verify that it is not the latest version.

Thanks in advice!!
Display issues can be funny, the cable and monitor itself can make a difference even if you have the correct device IDs and connectors specified in your config.plist. Display Port is generally preferred as the output source, you could try that but you can also try configuring your Device ID for your iGPU following information below and or using Hackintool.

You will not ever be able to get Safari to run most DRM content to run using an iGPU, try using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok guys, here's a build of 0.6.9 ... usual deal, let me know what you think. DON'T try to use OpenCore Configurator to change your keys, it hasn't been updated yet and it will delete stuff. Use a good text editor instead. Also I have FakePCIID.kext disabled by default in this build. If you need HDMI audio from the onboard iGPU, you might need to enable it and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Code:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.6.9-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

EDIT: Removed

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E Gaming
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok guys, here's a build of 0.6.9 ... usual deal, let me know what you think. DON'T try to use OpenCore Configurator to change your keys, it hasn't been updated yet and it will delete stuff. Use a good text editor instead. Also I have FakePCIID.kext disabled by default in this build. If you need HDMI audio from the onboard iGPU, you might need to enable it and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Code:

Damn your fast! Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630

Code:

Thank you for the effort.

Unfortunately, HDMI and HDMI Audio does not work anymore (I enabled the kext).

EDIT

Now everything works: I activated FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and disabled CommanderProFix.kext. For HDMI I just used the "old" DeviceProperties entry.

Can I ask you why you made these changes?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

EDIT

Now everything works: I activated FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and disabled CommanderProFix.kext. For HDMI I just used the "old" DeviceProperties entry.

I'm trying to remove the dependency on FakePCIID.kext, as the validators keep telling me "there's better ways to do this"

I'm guessing the connector definitions I had in there previously have to go back.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

EDIT

Here's a build of 0.6.9 with the original iGPU port definitions, FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext enabled, CommandProFix.kext disabled (I guess only I need this)

EDIT: Removed and added to first post.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 300 (Clover)
CPU
i5 6200U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Scope666! Thanks for your post and links

This is my first experience with OpenCore, I haven't played with hackintoshes for 3 years or so.. it seems that things are a bit different now. I'm reading the desktop OC guide, which is gonna take a while

Now I'm getting stuck on Apple Logo on booting my Big Sur Installer USB
Z490 Strix E and i9 10850k and 5500XT 8 GB Gigabyte

I'm using the 0.6.9 folders above, no luck so far
Any pointers on where to start?

Thank you!

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Scope666! Thanks for your post and links

This is my first experience with OpenCore, I haven't played with hackintoshes for 3 years or so.. it seems that things are a bit different now. I'm reading the desktop OC guide, which is gonna take a while

Now I'm getting stuck on Apple Logo on booting my Big Sur Installer USB
Z490 Strix E and i9 10850k and 5500XT 8 GB Gigabyte

I'm using the 0.6.9 folders above, no luck so far
Any pointers on where to start?

Thank you!

I can't tell what hardware you have based on your signature. CPU? GPU? etc. Assuming you have what I have, in the OpenCore guide is a section on BIOS settings, I would check there first. They're all critical to booting successfully.