Graphics
6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello @phil8471 could yo share your EFI files? I have been trying without any success to get Z490-F to work - I don't even reach the installer screen.
@phil8471 is using the EFI folder @scope666 created on page one. I'm thinking Scope666 isn't getting notifications or is away for the time being. If that wasn't clear then hope this helps, if it was clear and it isn't working check your bios settings. Secure boot disabled and USB XCHI Hand Off enabled.
Disable:

• Fast Boot
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(Apparently this is already off on our Asus boards)
Enable:

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB

You may also be having issues because his config.plist is not configured for an AMD XT graphics card (5500, 5600 or 5700), if so you can change the bios to enable the iGPU and try installing that way. Its easy enough to switch over to dGPU later if that is the issue.

It requires changing the iGPU device ID and adding the boot argument "adgpmod=pikera"

See Device Properties here for more info on changing the iGPU ID: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#deviceproperties

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus B550 Rog Strix Gaming i
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can you help me get USB Type C running please.
Can you please be more specific, there are two USBc connectors. One on the back IO shield and one intended for the case. I am pretty sure he has his USB configuration setup for the IO Shield connector on the back.

Motherboard
Intel/Intel
CPU
7300/I-9 10850 Asus z490-E
Graphics
Nvdia/5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Leesureone, you beat me to it... I use these boot options with testing, I have the 5700
<-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera>

Couple observations for people trying to get all this to work. I was trying to get Big Sur working with no luck with this EFI.. I started working with my own and learned a couple things, and then came back to the EFI's here and made a couple changes and it worked.

First off.. Install Catalina first, it gives you more boot feed back as far as errors. Once you get a working EFI, switch to Big Sur, it should work, or real close to work.

z490 observations.. They may have already been said, but maybe I missed it in the 48 pages of docs..
Neither of these two things matter with a good EFI, it just eliminates problems.
1. Make sure your using one of the two usb 2 ports; at least until later after you know it's mapped
2. make sure you're using the #1 or #2 Ssd inputs..

@scope666 big thanks for all the work you've done!

Last edited:

etc

Motherboard
ROG Z490-E
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

My problem is not related to Hackintosh, but maybe anyone faced with this problem too. I'm going to upgrade my current setup to 10700K/Z490-E Strix and thanks to @scope666 I didn't spend much time to get my Catalina back.

I want to use iGPU in Mac OS, but can't get output via DisplayPort. It just doesn't work and cannot recognise a display even in BIOS. HDMI works fine. What do I need to change in BIOS settings to get it work? I've updated BIOS to the latest version 1003 and tried different settings for CPU Graphics.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus B550 Rog Strix Gaming i
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone!

My problem is not related to Hackintosh, but maybe anyone faced with this problem too. I'm going to upgrade my current setup to 10700K/Z490-E Strix and thanks to @scope666 I didn't spend much time to get my Catalina back.

I want to use iGPU in Mac OS, but can't get output via DisplayPort. It just doesn't work and cannot recognise a display even in BIOS. HDMI works fine. What do I need to change in BIOS settings to get it work? I've updated BIOS to the latest version 1003 and tried different settings for CPU Graphics.

I don't think there is a bios setting that will make a difference, you get a choice between PEG and CPU graphics. DP is the preferred output method for Hackintoshes but if its not working it could be several things. The cable, the monitor itself and or monitor settings. You can try using Hackintool to tweak the Device ID and outputs, I can send you a link describing a basic how too but it can be a bit of a rabbit hole.

Attachments

• Graphics Configuration.png
    Graphics Configuration.png
    280.4 KB · Views: 25
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

For what it's worth, BOTH outputs should be working on the Strix Z490-E with my EFI, this is how I use it when I'm using the iGPU. The only setting I can think of that might affect things is the iGPU video RAM, it should be set to 64M. (BIOS setting)

etc

Motherboard
ROG Z490-E
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't think there is a bios setting that will make a difference, you get a choice between PEG and CPU graphics. DP is the preferred output method for Hackintoshes but if its not working it could be several things. The cable, the monitor itself and or monitor settings. You can try using Hackintool to tweak the Device ID and outputs, I can send you a link describing a basic how too but it can be a bit of a rabbit hole.

There are 4 options: Auto, CPU Graphics, PEG, PCIE. Don't know the difference between the last two, but I tried them all. Actually I tried two displays with DP input, none of them worked.

For what it's worth, BOTH outputs should be working on the Strix Z490-E with my EFI, this is how I use it when I'm using the iGPU. The only setting I can think of that might affect things is the iGPU video RAM, it should be set to 64M. (BIOS setting)
Unfortunately it just can't boot when a display is connected to DisplayPort. I can use HDMI and then connect DisplayPort, but Catalina doesn't recognize it =/
Video RAM is set to 64M ofc.

I'm just trying to understand is this a problem with my CPU or MB or both. I've found one or two threads about this in ROG forums, but no helpful answers.

I can use my old GTX 690 card for the macOS, but it takes 8 PCI-E lanes to work.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 3080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are 4 options: Auto, CPU Graphics, PEG, PCIE. Don't know the difference between the last two, but I tried them all. Actually I tried two displays with DP input, none of them worked.

Unfortunately it just can't boot when a display is connected to DisplayPort. I can use HDMI and then connect DisplayPort, but Catalina doesn't recognize it =/
Video RAM is set to 64M ofc.

I'm just trying to understand is this a problem with my CPU or MB or both. I've found one or two threads about this in ROG forums, but no helpful answers.

I can use my old GTX 690 card for the macOS, but it takes 8 PCI-E lanes to work.

CPU Graphics is the setting you would want to use for iGPU. I would suggest a temporary install of something like Windows 10 to verify that the hardware is ok and capable of working.

If you do go the GTX 690 route, having your other GPU at 8 lanes instead of 16 is a NEGLIGIBLE difference in performance. My 2080 Ti is only getting 8 lanes and it runs everything I throw at it including Cyberpunk just fine.

My EFI is set to BLOCK the GPU in the upper / main PCIE slot, so if you go this route, put the GTX 690 in the lower slot and your main GPU in the upper.

Reactions: etc
Motherboard
Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
intel graphic HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It just doesn't work and cannot recognise a display even in BIOS. HDMI works fine.
what do you mean by recognizing a display even in BIOS?
you are using full EFI from @scope666 , right ? in that case it should work. All you need to config is to set the display setting to CPU graphics.
Also, try to change the ig-platform-id to 00009B3E or 07009B3E, try both of them if the other not work.

etc

Motherboard
ROG Z490-E
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU Graphics is the setting you would want to use for iGPU. I would suggest a temporary install of something like Windows 10 to verify that the hardware is ok and capable of working.

If you do go the GTX 690 route, having your other GPU at 8 lanes instead of 16 is a NEGLIGIBLE difference in performance. My 2080 Ti is only getting 8 lanes and it runs everything I throw at it including Cyberpunk just fine.

My EFI is set to BLOCK the GPU in the upper / main PCIE slot, so if you go this route, put the GTX 690 in the lower slot and your main GPU in the upper.

Yes, I use CPU Graphics. I just wanted to get rid of 690 mainly because of PCI-E lanes. I know that performance difference is very little. But 690 helps with PhysX.

The second reason is power consumption and temperature. Maybe it's better to find a used RX 570/580 which should be cooler and able to output 4K @ 60 Hz via HDMI.

what do you mean by recognizing a display even in BIOS?
you are using full EFI from @scope666 , right ? in that case it should work. All you need to config is to set the display setting to CPU graphics.
Also, try to change the ig-platform-id to 00009B3E or 07009B3E, try both of them if the other not work.

I mean that the computer doesn't want to boot when the display is connected to MB's DisplayPort or isn't connected at all, the result is the same - beeping (VGA card error). It looks like the DisplayPort is completely dead or somethin'. It's not recognized even when the system is booted and I connect the display.