Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

AMD Radeon dGPU is still not detected by system
any pointer/comment appreciated

I have a dGPU "blocker" in my EFI to hide my RTX 2080 from the system, you probably have to remove this line if you have the card in the top "main" PCIE slot:

I don't know a lot about the RX 5700 but there might be more tweaks needed for that card, check the Opencore guide.

1604979848557.png

I have a dGPU "blocker" in my EFI to hide my RTX 2080 from the system, you probably have to remove this line if you have the card in the top "main" PCIE slot:

I don't know a lot about the RX 5700 but there might be more tweaks needed for that card, check the Opencore guide.

View attachment 494979
If he has a 5700XT card then he needs the boot argument agdpmod=pikera added

View attachment 494979
that did it
thx @scope666 ! :)

View attachment 494979
Totally forgot about that, great catch!

I will try this and report back...

EDIT: You sir are a genius, sleep IS WORKING! I had done a diff before, but somehow missed the GPRW patch under ACPI.

I went one step further, put the patch back and used the full set of ACPI files from my 0.6.1 build, while retaining all of the other "clean" work I did for 0.6.3.

Here is the result: <attached>

If others confirm, I'll add it to the first post.
With the tweaking I did this weekend, redoing my USB port patching and removing the GPRW patch and SSDT my system now wakes by the mouse or keyboard. Very happy!

I will try this and report back...

EDIT: You sir are a genius, sleep IS WORKING! I had done a diff before, but somehow missed the GPRW patch under ACPI.

I went one step further, put the patch back and used the full set of ACPI files from my 0.6.1 build, while retaining all of the other "clean" work I did for 0.6.3.

Here is the result: <attached>

If others confirm, I'll add it to the first post.
I’m going to try my first hackintosh tomorrow with your EFI. I’ll be running Z490-e, i5 10600, vengeance 32gb 3200 and RX560.

should I follow all those steps from the first post or can I simply download the EFI and use it? Any recommendations for a first timer? Haha

thanks!!

Back