Asus Prime Z490-P
CPU
Graphics
iGPU UHD630
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm pretty sure iGPU (HDMI...) is possible with upcoming WEG.
I'm running for about 2 weeks now with iGPU on Z490 -

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-A GAMING
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 + RX 590
Yes, haven't had any issues up til now. Final cut pro, Logic, Photoshop elements, airdrop, imessage, wifi, bluetooth, two M.2 ssd's, one 3.5" sata drive, all usb's connected, all working fine.

That's great news, but I need to add a caveat

This is the new IGPU ig-platform-id for UHD630

0x9BC80003 => i5-10500 and below with the UHD 630 kernel display
0x9BC50003 => i5-10600k and above CPU shipped with UHD 630 kernel display

{)F07TVCY8_027(B1R]GJ_K.png

Motherboard
Alienware 17R3 (Clover?)
CPU
Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
Skylake 530 + GTX 970M
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I tried the EFI.zip file on my system, and was able to get the system to boot and install OS X properly on my system. My specs are identical to yours, except, my video card is a Radeon RX560 card from MSI. When I try using that card, I get ghosting with a progress bar half-way filled, and spinning beach balls of doom. The system just hangs. However, when I use the HD630 onboard graphics, it works beautifully.

What am I doing wrong? I've enabled all of the BIOS settings suggested, and disabled all of the items suggested as well. I've tried tweaking drivers, and this is the only thing I can't get working. Everything else seems to be working well!

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 2080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm pretty sure iGPU (HDMI...) is possible with upcoming WEG.
I'm running for about 2 weeks now with iGPU on Z490 -
Holy crap, this actually works! I'm going to update the EFI.zip shortly. This is the first time in a LONG time I've gotten both monitors to work with iGPU. This is EXACTLY why I bought this motherboard instead of my usual Hero ... the Hero doesn't have both outputs anymore! Not sure what Asus was thinking.

1595084655935.png

LG = DP, Asus = HDMI

@xiaoviejiang Something must be different about your build because I get an instant reboot when it tries to initialize graphics with your new device id: "0x9BC50003 => i5-10600k and above CPU shipped with UHD 630 kernel display"

EDIT: 1st post updated with new EFI.zip. I still need to upgrade OC and fold in my changes. (zip is on 0.59, although I just looked and 0.60 still isn't officially released)

Also, has anyone running this EFI updated to 10.5.6 yet? Just wondering if there will be any issues.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Holy crap, this actually works! I'm going to update the EFI.zip shortly. This is the first time in a LONG time I've gotten both monitors to work with iGPU. This is EXACTLY why I bought this motherboard instead of my usual Hero ... the Hero doesn't have both outputs anymore! Not sure what Asus was thinking.

View attachment 480877

LG = DP, Asus = HDMI

@xiaoviejiang Something must be different about your build because I get an instant reboot when it tries to initialize graphics with your new device id: "0x9BC50003 => i5-10600k and above CPU shipped with UHD 630 kernel display"

EDIT: 1st post updated with new EFI.zip. I still need to upgrade OC and fold in my changes. (zip is on 0.59, although I just looked and 0.60 still isn't officially released)

Also, has anyone running this EFI updated to 10.5.6 yet? Just wondering if there will be any issues.
That's great! Just, with the HDMI I just have 60Hz and not 144Hz anymore.

I've the 10.5.6 version and it works great.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU
I9 10900k
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hi, I'm very new to this, therefore I tried scope´s EFI.

Unfortunately I get stuck here:
DSC_0217.JPG

I use an ASUS z490-e Gaming, an Intel I9-10900k and a RX 5700xt.
OS shall be Catalina, downloaded from Store. (Prior I tried Mojave and that crushed totally, as expected. I haven't read the guide at that time)

I´m unsure what to do.
Probably I have missed a BIOS option or so, or forgot to load something in the .pls?

Thanks you all.

[Edit:07.19-17:00] Tried again with newest uploaded EFI- same result. For me it looks like some kind of file-system error?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RTX 2080 Ti (Win) / RX 560 (Mac)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I'm very new to this, therefore I tried scope´s EFI.

Unfortunately I get stuck here:

I use an ASUS z490-e Gaming, an Intel I9-10900k and a RX 5700xt.
OS shall be Catalina, downloaded from Store. (Prior I tried Mojave and that crushed totally, as expected. I haven't read the guide at that time)

I´m unsure what to do.
Probably I have missed a BIOS option or so, or forgot to load something in the .pls?

Thanks you all.

[Edit:07.19-17:00] Tried again with newest uploaded EFI- same result. For me it looks like some kind of file-system error?
I would start here with BIOS settings, also I would recommend starting with just the iGPU, once you get everything up and running you can work on the 5700XT.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#intel-bios-settings

Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU
I9 10900k
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Thanks for answering.
How do I actually disable the graphics card in config.plist? Or is it enough to just unplug the Displayport cables (or should i unplug the powercable as well?)

I could not find:
1 execute Disable Bit
2 DVME pre allocated

in my BIOS. So I did not change it. Are there any other names for these settings? I changed every other setting except Bootmode, because, when I try to boot from the bootstick with Bootmode: Windows, I instantaneously get an error message:

The system found unauthorized changes on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers.
Press OK etc.

So I switched it back to other OS (where OC starts booting)

--
Different problem:
whenever I open config.plist with OpenCore Configurator (on my Mac), it says that NVRAM is not native. can I ignore that message?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU
I9 10900k
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
OK update.
Thank you Scope. Just using the iGPU let me finish the booting process.
Now I'm stuck at the macOS Utilities screen... Somehow nothing happens when i press continue on Install macOS?

Opened Installer Log and error message seems to be: Couldn't posix_spawn: error 6