Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

It's done, I put in my profile the config I want, the Asus z490 and not the one that currently works, the Gigabyte z777.

It's done, I put in my profile the config I want, the Asus z490 and not the one that currently works, the Gigabyte z777.
You've double checked your bios settings against what @scope666 posted? I'd be using the latest EFI upload posted here #1,224
Do you have a different drive you can try installing on? You can always reload data using your older SSD to it but I wouldn't try using Migrate Assistant. If it boots it may boot on your original drive.

Roughly these below, all may not apply.
  1. Adjust BIOS settings based on the OpenCore Guide.
    • Ai Tweaker
      • Ai Overclock Tuner = XMP II (loads my RAM’s default XMP profile and sets the frequency to 3200 MHz rather than the default of 2666 MHz)
    • Advanced > CPU Configuration
      • Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology = Enabled
      • Hyper-Threading = Enabled
    • Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration
      • VT-d = Disabled
    • Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration
      • Primary Display = PCIE (to use my dGPU for primary display)
      • iGPU Multi-Monitor = Enabled (even though I’m not connecting a display to my iGPU, this is required to use the iGPU for computing tasks)
      • DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M
      • RC6 (Render Standby) = Disabled
    • Advanced > USB Configuration
      • XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
    • Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings
      • Above 4G Decoding = Enabled
    • Boot > CSM (compatibility support module)
      • Launch CSM = Disabled
    • Boot > Secure Boot
      • OS Type = Windows UEFI
    • Boot > Boot Configuration
      • Fast Boot = Disabled
      • Boot Logo Display = Full Screen
      • Post Delay Time = 3 sec (Optional)
      • Wait For 'F1' If Error = Disabled (Optional)

As Leesureone mentioned, the BIOS settings are critical, I'd definitely look through each one.

Additional details here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#intel-bios-settings

EDIT: I would especially look at SATA settings:

1679875437261.png

for Leesureone:
The latest EFI gives me a Windows 11 icon on startup that does not boot.
The one that works best for me is #1,206
Secure boot OS type: windows UEFI gives me a "secure boot violation" alert. I have to go back to "other OS".
I tried booting with Catalina on an old WD3200AJS, it took an hour to get to the end of the boot scroll bar, and got stuck there.

for scope666:
the sata option is of course AHCI.
what is "z490-2601.cmo", and how do you use it?

for Leesureone:
Secure boot OS type: windows UEFI gives me a "secure boot violation" alert. I have to go back to "other OS".
I tried booting with Catalina on an old WD3200AJS, it took an hour to get to the end of the boot scroll bar, and got stuck there.

for scope666:
It sounds like your bios settings are still wrong, are you sure you have turned off secure boot and cleared the "keys"? All the keys should have a value of zero when done. And BTW you don't want to ever try and use a traditional HHD, you'll be in beach ball hell (the OSX waiting icon).

for Leesureone:

for scope666:

Ignore the Windows 11 entry, it's a static sample that's used for people that dual-boot. To actually use it you have to adjust the path as mentioned here:

Hi scope666 I have been trying to create a boot usb with EFI 0.9.0 your latest but it doesn't show the install icon only windows EFI and windows 11 as I dual boot, with older EFI I don't have a problem and I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong or what has changed with your latest EFI

Hi scope666 I have been trying to create a boot usb with EFI 0.9.0 your latest but it doesn't show the install icon only windows EFI and windows 11 as I dual boot, with older EFI I don't have a problem and I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong or what has changed with your latest EFI

Are you hitting the spacebar on that screen to show all entries?

Also, you can try changing MISC - SECURITY - SCAN POLICY and check everything. I was getting an extra entry with more recent versions of OC and tweaked these settings to try and eliminate the duplicate.

(forgive screenshot, I'm booted into Win11 atm)

1679923951566.png

Last edited:
only when I'm on the install Ventura icon but I didn't see it
I didn't do any thing else then I normally do when you have a new EFI
its btw awesome work it makes things so easy for me

I changed the scan policy but when booting it only shows my ssd with Ventura en hitting the spacebar showed some tools and recovery

but I still use an older EFI from you and that works perfectly and I update using OC Auxiliary Tools

Last edited:
Back