Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Again:

Here for WiFi/BT: #1,013

BT works 100% with that USBPorts.kext

WiFi is at now not stable (enough).
I don't use Heliport anymore as the newer versions of Airportitlwm.kext seem to work fine as is. As far as USB port mapping possibly your version may help @MacDivanz to enable bluetooth but I'm not sure if it will cure the sleep/ wake behavior.

I would think if he was using @scope666 configuration that wouldn't be a problem but there are multiple examples here of one users set up not working for another users identical hardware (I think you should be able to relate) :lolno:

Attachments

• Mojave.zip
    14.7 MB · Views: 54
ok guys, so the current situation is this, i tried again what hemon suggested to me and now it seems to work the bluethoot but only with the kext BluetooolFixup.kext while the other is blocking the boot. Works with hemon's usbports.kext. The usbports of hemon only works some 3.0 ports while that of scoop666 all work. I also tried the suggestions from Leesureone but it doesn't work aiport ... and itwml, cause panic or stop booting. Usbmap works fine, like that of scope666 but bluethoot problem remains when connected with this. Finally I also tried the stop seems to work (with the bluethoot working) but when you wake up from the power key (from the keyboard and mouse they do not work), it remains in black screen. NEW UPDATE: I thought the bluethoot worked fine and instead airpods or iphone cannot connect, even if it is active.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 57
ok guys, so the current situation is this, i tried again what hemon suggested to me and now it seems to work the bluethoot but only with the kext BluetooolFixup.kext while the other is blocking the boot. Works with hemon's usbports.kext. The usbports of hemon only works some 3.0 ports while that of scoop666 all work. I also tried the suggestions from Leesureone but it doesn't work aiport ... and itwml, cause panic or stop booting. Usbmap works fine, like that of scope666 but bluethoot problem remains when connected with this. Finally I also tried the stop seems to work (with the bluethoot working) but when you wake up from the power key (from the keyboard and mouse they do not work), it remains in black screen. NEW UPDATE: I thought the bluethoot worked fine and instead airpods or iphone cannot connect, even if it is active.
Well we know that the onboard intel wireless/bluetooth card will work in Big Sur and Monterey. In Monterey the BluetoolFixup.kext is required but you do not want to load the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext. See here:

Mapping USB ports using the tools I linked still requires you to verify and test the results. It won't just work out of the box but its easier IMO than trying to use IORegistryExplorer, Hackintool and a plist editor. If bluetooth isn't working after it means that port is not mapped correctly, it is supposed to be an internal port (255) not USB3 (3) or something else.
Again your issue with sleep/wake probably come from an incorrect USB port Mapping although some peripherals and software can cause similar issues, that doesn't seem likely.
You might do what @scope666 did and buy a Wi-Fi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac 1750Mbps Desktop PCi-E WiFi Adapter. Then his port mapping would probably work for you.

Here is OC 0.7.8 with all the latest kexts. The good news this time out is no changes to config.plist were needed so if you've made customizations, they should still work.

version.png

kexts.png

Bash:
craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % pwd                                          
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.7.8-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@Craigs-iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist
Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. No issues found.

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.8.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Hi scope666! Thanks for your hard work. I'm using your EFI (0.7.8 now) and everything works great, but I'm stuck on Monterey 12.0.1. My hackintosh does not see any further updates. Do you have any idea why?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 19.53.39.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 19.53.39.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi scope666! Thanks for your hard work. I'm using your EFI (0.7.8 now) and everything works great, but I'm stuck on Monterey 12.0.1. My hackintosh does not see any further updates. Do you have any idea why?

Probably you have come across this but the "unsupported" ones do work, certainly the xt and 6600. I am running the last one
That was posted in October, since then with the second release of Monterey support was added for the 6600XT and 6600 cards. The 6700 and 6500 series still are not supported.

Back