Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
my rtx 3080 is completely ignored by the pc, the display port cable is connected directly to the asus motherboard using cpu graphics. This has improved stability and performance, but it didn't solve the next problem, after reading other users it seems to have the same problem as me, and it seems to be related to the nvram or ssd in which I am going to install, and this is of interest to Big sur and Monterey, I didn't quite understand how to solve this problem, however I'm not the only one. So I was trying to figure out now what to do, or what to try.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.8.0
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
my rtx 3080 is completely ignored by the pc, the display port cable is connected directly to the asus motherboard using cpu graphics. This has improved stability and performance, but it didn't solve the next problem, after reading other users it seems to have the same problem as me, and it seems to be related to the nvram or ssd in which I am going to install, and this is of interest to Big sur and Monterey, I didn't quite understand how to solve this problem, however I'm not the only one. So I was trying to figure out now what to do, or what to try.

That is not what I asked...

Did you disable it in BIOS, use the whatevergreen command line or a custom SSDT ?

Clearly the EFI works and your motherboard is the same. Off-site problems are not relevant here, unless you have read about them here.

NVRAM is easy on the motherboard. What type of SSD are you using ?

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
sorry, i disabled it in bios, my ssd type is as follows: Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA internal SSD where i try to install it.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sorry, i disabled it in bios, my ssd type is as follows: Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA internal SSD where i try to install it.

Okay. :thumbup:

Well I use Crucial MX500 SSDs of different sizes without any problem at all, so I think that is a red-herring.

Perhaps upload the EFI in zip format, as you have it now.

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
Ok send you efi hope you can understand.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 35

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok send you efi hope you can understand.

Thanks.

Okay ...

In the DeviceProperties section of config.plist for the iGPU, the device-id = 9B3E0000 is missing.
Remember too that you can change the AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00009B3E as this may help.

You USBPorts.kext to configure the USB ports will not work. This is because it was originally written for system-definition iMac20,2 but you have changed your system-definition to iMac19,1. So it will be ignored.

Finally and probably most importantly for your boot problems, you have deleted the OpenCanopy.efi driver from your config.plist and EFI/Drivers folder, BUT you still have the OpenCore Picker set to "External" in the Misc/Boot section. If you do not wish to use OpenCanopy then this setting should be "Builtin" etc.

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
ok sorry i didn't tell you before, but those configurations you told me to do, i had done them before and the result doesn't change, so i tried to change with little success. so i put builtins without the opencanopy driver, this is because i noticed more reactivity and no sudden crashes. Imac is now set correctly with imac20,2 and ig-platform-id was already set up as you wrote it, but occasionally crashed. the device id can be found under a pci root entry, as suggested by the opencore manual for cometlake cpu and it works perfectly. however, I send you the updated EFI file, and working for the boot part.

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
Here my EFI Updated

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 34

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here my EFI Updated

You are running both USBPorts.kext AND iMac201_USBInjectAll_v0.7.5_z490.kext as well as the XhciPortLimit quirk. This is incorrect. Use USBPorts.kext and disable both the others.

Do you have a Commander Pro UPS ? If so fine. If not, disable the kext.

I am now getting lost a little. Are you still having the PC reboots at the 12-minute installation point or is it now something else?

Motherboard
Asus RogStrix Z490-E
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 3080
I remain still on the problem of the pc rebooting after the remaining 12 minutes.