Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Nvidia graphics but you are injecting Intel - Neither should be injected.
FakeCPUID should be 0506E3.
SIP should be fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 not 0x3.

OK trying it again. The FakeCPUID I was editing during the boot to get to the installation. Should I edit all those features during the installation process in the options menu?

Why were those selected though in the default Unibeast boot installation? I mean I am following the guide and they are not mentioned... Sorry for the questions :)

OK trying it again. The FakeCPUID I was editing during the boot to get to the installation. Should I edit all those features during the installation process in the options menu?

Why were those selected though in the default Unibeast boot installation? I mean I am following the guide and they are not mentioned... Sorry for the questions :)

FIXED: The problem was the USB stick. I was using USB3 but changing to a USB2 did the trick. Moving onto the installation :)

Update: This JUSTOP WiFi/BT card didn't appear to work. It uses an Apple BCM943602CS module. The card is seen OK, and details in IOReg look correct, but it refused to connect to any of my WiFi networks. I tried b, g and n, with/without security, and nothing. Bluetooth was also similarly recognised, but AirDrop didn't work. I may have had a duff card, but I've sent it back and have a Fenvi FV-T919 on back-order. Will update again once that arrives.

I'm currently building my first CustoMac (I had an AMD Hackintosh years ago) and I ordered the same Wifi/Bluetooth board as you did (well they don't ship as advertised - mine is BCM943602CS with white antennas - I think it's an MacBook Pro 2015 board):

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I managed to boot the installer, then I fixed my M.2 SSD and while the installer was loaded at the top right corner the Wifi icon appeared and let me connect to my home wifi network out of the box.

However I cannot test bluetooth yet, because I need an internal usb2 hub, because atm. the usb2 header is used by the water pump.

@bombardier your guide is fantastic! took me a lot reading especially for the port mapping etc, but you are amazing man. Everything works fine and what's so cool is that my GTX 1070 that was underperforming with my previous build, is now back in business with similar scores like the ones you posted!

Fantastic job and keep us updated on changes!

Thanks @kavlos, you are too kind - most of the credit for the groundwork has to go to @Stork and @JCMunsonII though as it was their Hero builds that got me to where I am with mine. I'm glad that by following my guide you were able to get a system up and running though!

...I ordered the same Wifi/Bluetooth board as you did (well they don't ship as advertised - mine is BCM943602CS with white antennas ... let me connect to my home wifi network out of the box.

However I cannot test bluetooth yet, because I need an internal usb2 hub, because atm. the usb2 header is used by the water pump.
Glad it worked for you - I may have just been unlucky and had a duff module. Replaced with a Fenvi now and WiFi and BT worked straight away.

I also fitted the USB 2 internal hub mentioned previously in this thread, and it works a charm.

I've never had an issue running two 1440p displays from the two DisplayPorts on my 1080. However, I do experience significant issues if I try to enable G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel (only one of my monitors is G-Sync capable). I believe I also have the iMac14,2 system definition and it boots up fine with two monitors plugged in at boot.

Interesting. No combination of display port and DVI work for me on boot. Did you need to change any parameters or config settings, do you remember?

Interesting. No combination of display port and DVI work for me on boot. Did you need to change any parameters or config settings, do you remember?

No. I'm pretty sure that once I enabled nvda_drv in Clover, everything just worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share how to fresh install 10.12.6? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back