Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD630 > EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 > AMD Sapphire RX580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. You've got a really nice build here.

I was just wondering if the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext are necessary. On RehabMan's page, there's no mention of HD 630...

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 6.07.03 PM.png

Source: RehabMan / OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID — Bitbucket

Hi. You've got a really nice build here.

I was just wondering if the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext are necessary. On RehabMan's page, there's no mention of HD 630...
Thanks! I'm really liking it so far. Thanks for catching that - I must have removed them myself at some point as they weren't in L/E or S/L/E, but hadn't remembered doing it - updated the guide to remove them. Thanks for the heads-up!

Question, does the Clover boot screen appear when using Nvidia GPUs?

Question, does the Clover boot screen appear when using Nvidia GPUs?
Yes, but only once you've installed drivers for the GPU - you'd need to configure an initial setup using on-board graphics, I believe.

Would you mind doing a Unigine Heaven Benchmark? I would like to compare with my build!

TS, is the thunderbolt 3 hardware showed in the Mac system list?

Would you mind doing a Unigine Heaven Benchmark? I would like to compare with my build!
Sure thing - have added them to the benchmarks section in post #1.
TS, is the thunderbolt 3 hardware showed in the Mac system list?
The USB 3.1 ports (I assume that's what you meant by Thunderbolt 3) show as PRT1 and PRT2 under PXSX@0 in IORegistryExplorer.

Sure thing - have added them to the benchmarks section in post #1.

The USB 3.1 ports (I assume that's what you meant by Thunderbolt 3) show as PRT1 and PRT2 under PXSX@0 in IORegistryExplorer.

I don't have Thunderbolt hardware in the system report. What about you?

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-04%20at%204.24.34%20PM_zpsparrbqom.png

Would you mind of sharing what setting you put for thunderbolt in ASUS Bios menu?

As I mentioned above, I assumed you meant USB 3.1 with the Type C connector. The ASUS motherboard used in this build does not contain Thunderbolt hardware. I believe there are Gigabyte mobos that have Thunderbolt hardware in them though. Have a look at this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back